Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I think it’s clear to see that we have no more money to spend. The bad news is that we aren’t going to raise enough from player sales to be able to buy, unless we sell someone like Watkins, which would be silly. I honestly do not think selling Trez and El Ghazi etc will raise enough. £10m at most. 

Yeah, no. 

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I wonder if Guilbert gets a chance over pre season 

I think he’ll be here unless we get an offer for him. He’s one of the surplus group that could actually be useful.

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think it’s clear to see that we have no more money to spend. The bad news is that we aren’t going to raise enough from player sales to be able to buy, unless we sell someone like Watkins, which would be silly. I honestly do not think selling Trez and El Ghazi etc will raise enough. £10m at most. 

Well, we’ve done a lot of blustering about big windows, ambition and exciting targets if we’re pretty much done. 

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Eh?

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well, we’ve done a lot of blustering about big windows, ambition and exciting targets if we’re pretty much done. 

I know! Could well end up disappointed. 

13 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I wonder if Guilbert gets a chance over pre season 

I hope so. He's smashed his loans and I'd much rather have a senior player pushing Cash than a pittance from a French side. Would let us send KKH out to the C'ship for a full season, too.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

We’ve signed Coutinho,kamara and Diego Carlos for a combined fee of 42 million i couldn't care less I think we have done fantastic business wish fans would stop moaning 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Since the summer of 21/22, so last years summer window, this Jan, and this summer window so far, we have a net spend of 36m ish (166m spent, 130m income), if we paid Kamara and others hefty sign on fees the actual costs might be quite a bit more, but regardless, our next spend over the last 12-18 months has been pretty small overall tbh.

Whether we do or dont sign any payers, or not many, i dunno, but im sure it wont be down to not having the money to spend.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Even if we sell Doug, Hause and Davis for 40m + ?

If we sell Dougie then I’d expect a decent amount yea. In which case we’d be able to use that to get a player in. But that’s still the point though which is what I said earlier - it seems like we have to sell to buy. 

Edited by Tayls

Just now, Tayls said:

Of we sell Dougie then I’d expect a decent amount yea. In which case we’d be able to use that to get a player in. But that’s still the point though which is what I said earlier - it seems like we have to sell to buy. 

Given what we've signed in the last six months our wage bill is currently ridiculous.

Coutinho on 200k or whatever, Digne will be in 100k + given we signed him as current first choice French LB. Chambers the cheapest but I assume we just took over his Arsenal terms so he must be around 70-80k. And this summer Kamara was in great demand so that sort of player dosen't sign for 40-50k.

We're paying these wages without euro football or record revenues or sponsorship compared to what is generally finishing above us so in short term we simply do have to sell to balance things up otherwise it will just be re-run of MON years without some of those highs unless the youngsters can really step it up compared to the 2009/10 intake.