Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Arsenal would kill to have Watkins and Ings up front. Chelsea too. Never mind another 10-15 Premier League clubs.

The gaffer has to get at least one of them firing on all cylinders next season. 

Is this really true?! Arsenal who attracted Aubameyang and Lacazette and are In for Gabriel Jesus and Chelsea with Lukaku and Havertz would prefer Watkins and Ings?! I think you are on your own there mate! 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

You said u dont think a striker of 40M plus would better what we have ?? 

You seem to be not following logic there. A 40m striker wouldn't be better than what we have. If there is a striker that's clearly better than our current forwards, and would come to us, and cost 40m please inform the rest of us.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Is this really true?! Arsenal who attracted Aubameyang and Lacazette and Chelsea with Lukaku and Havertz would prefer Watkins and Ings. I think you are on your own there mate! 

How are those players working out for them, mate? 

Edit: I’ve since noticed you’ve slipped a player who isn’t even a striker in there. Bizarre.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Is this really true?! Arsenal who attracted Aubameyang and Lacazette and Chelsea with Lukaku and Havertz would prefer Watkins and Ings. I think you are on your own there mate! 

Arsenal don't have a decent forward at the moment. Nketiah is i think their only current option... I think they'd take them both, but they'd hope to find better in the market before going there. 

Just now, MrBlack said:

Arsenal don't have a decent forward at the moment. Nketiah is i think their only current option... I think they'd take them both, but they'd hope to find better in the market before going there. 

Sure, I’m not saying they *would* sign them because they’re not fancy enough names. And they’re not available, as far as I know. But they are absolutely better than what they have now, in Arsenals case by a lot. 

Just now, MrBlack said:

And if there was a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker out there just waiting to come to the PL it's hard to imagine arsenal wouldn't be having a sniff, they've apparently had a bid for scamacca rejected, we would face big competition 

For me personally the club should be challenging Gerrard to get more out of what we have and Watkins and Ings to play better with then archer behind them 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Arsenal would kill to have Watkins and Ings up front. Chelsea too. Never mind another 10-15 Premier League clubs.

Which is why noises of a new striker have me wondering...

We have enough fire power in the side if they're on it.

What we don't have is a fluid playing style or any strong indication the manager knows how to set up an attacking PL side.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Which is why noises of a new striker have me wondering...

We have enough fire power in the side if they're on it.

What we don't have is a fluid playing style or any strong indication the manager knows how to set up an attacking PL side.

I think we do, but it boils down to consistency. For all of the above. 

I don’t put any stock in rumours tbh. Been there, done that. 

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Arsenal would kill to finish 14th in the table?

Ok Ty

Ty Ty Aftv GIF - Ty Ty Aftv Ty Arsenal Fan Tv - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by messi11

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's not what I said at all? Pointless waffle. 

Ty, you said Arsenal would kill to have Ings and watkins. two strikers who fired us to 14th place. Why would they 'kill' for that? 

44 minutes ago, RicRic said:

You said u dont think a striker of 40M plus would better what we have ?? 

And I stand by that, that doesn't mean I think our strikers are tremendous and can't be improved upon. Can u name some better strikers at that price range?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

You seem to be not following logic there. A 40m striker wouldn't be better than what we have. If there is a striker that's clearly better than our current forwards, and would come to us, and cost 40m please inform the rest of us.

So Darwin nunez wouldn’t be an improvement on watkins and ings

Ill wait👍🏽

why couldn’t we sign a 40m plus striker if Newcastle bought joelinton for 40 million and we just signed a player who really is worth above £40 million in phillipe coutinho so dont undermine what players would come through the doors at our club because they can

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So Darwin nunez wouldn’t be an improvement on watkins and ings

Ill wait👍🏽

why couldn’t we sign a 40m plus striker if Newcastle bought joelinton for 40 million and we just signed a player who really is worth above £40 million in phillipe coutinho so dont undermine what players would come through the doors at our club because they can

I don’t think the point was there’s no striker in world football who would improve our two

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. Our third striker can be Archer or even Davis. Strikers are the most expensive position to buy. We have two good premier league forwards. We have other areas that are more important to strengthen.

If it's Davis, we may as well give up. Archer is the future as far as our young lads are concerned....

• Thanks 1