Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If we sign him I'd literally, figuratively, and physically, crap myself in excitement.  It's not happening.

Aside from the fact he'd cost closer to 100m and probably already earns more than 140k, there's very little chance every champions league team wouldn't be in for him.

But but the project! The project! 

As soon as we land Lewandowski they’ll all start falling into place one by one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Had a look, I haven’t verified from more than one source (I’m not going to be doing that).

Premier League minutes for 21/22 -

Targett 1433

Hause 395 

El Ghazi 383 

Sanson 352 

Traore 213 

Davis 11

Trez 10 

Wes 1

Guilbert 0

Kalinic 0

That’s 1365 minutes without Targett’s playing time, which works out to be about 15 matches worth of minutes between them.

Only looked at the league, so not sure about the cup games. I noted Guilbert featured in a league cup match.

Wesley played a minute for us this season? I can’t remember anything after that pre season game where he assaulted some Stoke player.

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Thank you muchly.

Given we coped without Targett since his loan, and look to be bringing in another left back of sorts, I am discounting his minutes.

What's left is a whole host of players we wouldn't miss if they were sold. I would like to have seen what Sanson could do, given more minutes,  same with Traoré, but if they're sold we absolutely won't miss them. 

Yeah if I was to keep two of that bunch, it would be those two. Although I don’t see them getting many more minutes next season so likewise I can’t see us being in a position where we will massively miss them.

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Wesley played a minute for us this season? I can’t remember anything after that pre season game where he assaulted some Stoke player.

He came on during injury time in the home match against Newcastle, sub for Ings. That was one I did actually double check because they had it down as a single minute.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

He came on during injury time in the home match against Newcastle, sub for Ings. That was one I did actually double check because they had it down as a single minute.

This didn’t happen surely??

Enzo Le Fee could be available by the looks of it. Could be an option for a lower...cost.

Not really the case here particularly, but the club will have to be aware of targets moving while we're waiting on 'first choices'. Tricky game the current transfer market. Nightmare if you don't have cash.

We are very fortunate.

Edited by Tomaszk

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Moise Kean 2 Premier League goals in 32 games

Davis 1 Premier League goal in 34 games

Not really seeing the clearer upgrade not to mention Davis offers more on and off the ball

Your stats suggest Kean is twice as good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

There’s this narrative that Bale only turns up for Wales, but the truth is when he returned to Spurs he scored 16 goals in 34 appearances , his average mins per game was 49 mins. The bs he’s been through at Real Madrid is irrelevant. Bloke was bombed out on the back of winning the champions league for them, scoring and assisting more than anybody bar Ronaldo in that period. They treated him with no respect so in turn he’s done the same.

It's a good ratio but weren't many of those goals in the cups and v weak teams in europe or have I got that wrong? He's lost plenty of pace so not the sort who can knock ball past FB and fly past them anymore.

Guess as an inside forward he could work in our formation but don't think it would work with him and Coutinho.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

God knows how I’ve forgotten this. Poor Wes.

At least he will have got himself a good contract from us when he signed before Ben Mee wrecked his career.

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. It's going to be a lot tougher than people think. Take Traore for example. His value is almost meaningless as nobody is going to pay those wages. We might value him at £15m but he's not going anywhere regardless. 
The club may have to take a fairly sizeable loss on some of these players in order to move them on. 

Fairly sure Bert will be a years loan.

If he can replicate his first season figures for someone in europe I'm fairly confident we could sell him for 10m + next season given he'll have two years left at that point. Or perhaps 12 months as can't remember if he signed 4-5 year deal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I completely disagree. Kean is only 22, has time on his side to improve and would offer us something I’m sure.  

Pretty sure he never really settled in England so would be a massive gamble even if he's shown in Italy and France he can score some goals in right circumstances.

Juve doing that s*** of treating players like meat is what I hate about modern football, just flipping endlessly to keep on right side of FFP.

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Don’t know much about him, but that was some cameo against France the other day. He probably tripled his transfer value in those 30 minutes.

Signed for Cardiff for big money in 2013 but flopped big time in difficult circumstances. Since then scored goals in a few european countries but again didn't last long at Atalanta.

Reminds me of that Sorloth guy who was at Palace and didn't score much, then scored a million goals in Turkey but again mediocre form back in major european leagues so you get that with some players.

Said before Kalajdzic of Stuttgart would be good pickup if we're looking for targetman striker, amazed no one from prem has signed him yet. Good scoring record in Bundesliga and for Austria.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Signed for Cardiff for big money in 2013 but flopped big time in difficult circumstances. Since then scored goals in a few european countries but again didn't last long at Atalanta.

Reminds me of that Sorloth guy who was at Palace and didn't score much, then scored a million goals in Turkey but again mediocre form back in major european leagues so you get that with some players.

Said before Kalajdzic of Stuttgart would be good pickup if we're looking for targetman striker, amazed no one from prem has signed him yet. Good scoring record in Bundesliga and for Austria.

No point signing anyone unless they will be significantly better.

• Like 1