Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

hence why people are angry we gifted them a player and let them overtake us in the table from a comfortable position

Lmao nobody thinks that - is Targett their leading scorer? Thought not 

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lmao nobody thinks that - is Targett their leading scorer? Thought not 

7 wins since he has arrived surely no coincidence 

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

And 3 defeats and a draw. Is he culpable for those also? 

Probably but still better than what we have achieved with his superior replacement. Who has below average when fit after being an Everton reserve

• Haha 2

yes please...

what would that cost in actual transfer fees?

Kondogbia - 15m?

Kamara - Free (with hefty personal fees)

Coutinho - 33m

So less than 50m in actual transfer fees?

Plenty left for a CB & striker.

image.png.01afd24bc2b2bc009fec3f255b3ab209.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

hence why people are angry we gifted them a player and let them overtake us in the table from a comfortable position

The " gifted them a player " part, perhaps, yes I agree.

The " let them overtake us " part not so much.

They've won 6 games in a row, they've pretty much over taken everyone in the bottom half. Most of which they are level on games with, or have played 1 more than.

They've also played 2 games more than us, which again, I'm sure everyone knows, but  doesn't match the effect people are going for. 

Where we finish has no bearing on what Newcastle will do, or have done.

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Not bad for an Everton reserve 

5291DA90-B6C7-40FC-87CF-FD5BD290A267.jpeg

Let's not pretend that he never only became an " Everton Reserve " due to bumping heads with Rafa, and most Everton fans weren't happy about him being frozen out.

However, it's also why the board saw it as an opportunity to get a quality player in for a longer term project.

His attacking stats have always been among the best in Europe.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Watkins stats were just as impressive last season. Rafa saw through Digne and we fell into the trap

Based on how he was going with Everton, using the same logic, it would appear that the whole Everton squad saw through Rafa  then 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on how he was going with Everton, using the same logic, it would appear that the whole Everton squad saw through Rafa  then 😂

Thats why they are next to the trap door 😛

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yes please...

what would that cost in actual transfer fees?

Kondogbia - 15m?

Kamara - Free (with hefty personal fees)

Coutinho - 33m

So less than 50m in actual transfer fees?

Plenty left for a CB & striker.

image.png.01afd24bc2b2bc009fec3f255b3ab209.png

Drives me mad when i see net spend posted on Twitter (mainly by Liverpool fans may i add). Wages are were the problems are.  Liverpool pay 200m a year( 1billion over 5 years) more than us.  

400k a week for coutihino is basically 25m a year.!! 100m over 4 years.  Is he worth that?  I’ve my doubts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Drives me mad when i see net spend posted on Twitter (mainly by Liverpool fans may i add). Wages are were the problems are.  Liverpool pay 200m a year( 1billion over 5 years) more than us.  

400k a week for coutihino is basically 25m a year.!! 100m over 4 years.  Is he worth that?  I’ve my doubts.

We can’t and won’t be paying 400 a week

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

7 wins since he has arrived surely no coincidence 

Ironically the turnaround in Newcastle's form has come from Joelinton suddenly becoming a top 6 overnight and then recently his partnership with Guimares. 

Targett was in our team when we lost 5 in a row it has very little to do with Targett. 

Edited by Steero113

55 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm impressed that you're keeping this up tbh

I dont know why I bother responding actually.

Think i will stay out of posting until the next game as ridiculous on here if have a different opinion

Edited by Zatman

10 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm impressed that you're keeping this up tbh

Me too. Seems like the “Orwellian” technique of constantly repeating any old rubbish in the belief that people eventually will come to accept it as truth.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Do you also send your kids to the chippy to get fish and chips for everyone, and give them 50p?

6 foot tall DM with intelligence. 20m - where the hell are we going to find a smart DM that has the correct physicality that isn't already on the books of some other big club?, those attributes won't cost anything less than 50m.

Karama available on a free. Kondogbia 15 - 20 million. Bissouma will be going for less than 30m.  It was all explained in the post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'm liking the look of Kondogbia and Kamara a lot more than Bissouma and Phillips to be honest. Less expensive and just as good. Sangare would be a fantastic signing as well I think and probably would be the pick of the bunch.

To me Bissouma and Phillips are similar players. They will put themselves about and look to win the ball, and also look to dictate the play from deep. You one or the other i'd say.