Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Abraham looks after the ball and has good workrate, so whilst his main thing is scoring goals and he's a penalty box player, I don't think having him in the team is like playing with ten men and only worth it if he scores, in the same way it used to be with someone like Bent, I see him more as a younger version of someone like Ings in terms of being mainly a penalty box poacher, but also haveing excellent work rate and also being better on the ball than a lot give him credit for.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Wouldn’t sell either of these, Moxley has also said we are considering swapping ings for bissouma

Sanson is no shock, Bailey will be massive missed opportunity imo but ultimately under Gerrard he only seems to be considered for CF role so probably won't work out in long run.

Not a huge Bissouma fan but actually think that would be smart move....get out an ageing CF that hasn't really worked to team that desperately needs a poacher and at least get in a competent DM for not that much if Ings is still rated in 20m bracket.

How many times has Traore been unused sub under Gerrard now? Have to think he's a prime candidate to be moved on unless we've just decided no one will pay what we want and just keep him around as cover next year aswell.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sanson is no shock, Bailey will be massive missed opportunity imo but ultimately under Gerrard he only seems to be considered for CF role so probably won't work out in long run.

Not a huge Bissouma fan but actually think that would be smart move....get out an ageing CF that hasn't really worked to team that desperately needs a poacher and at least get in a competent DM for not that much if Ings is still rated in 20m bracket.

How many times has Traore been unused sub under Gerrard now? Have to think he's a prime candidate to be moved on unless we've just decided no one will pay what we want and just keep him around as cover next year aswell.

Bailey may well turn out to be a player but I have wondered if he fits in at Villa and in particular with Gerrard's style.

Sanson would be a shame I think he's quality.

Ings for Bissouma makes a lot of sense, I'd be happy with that.

Personally I'd prefer Traore over Bailey as he proved himself last season with his 36 appearances, 7 goals and 6 assists in the PL.

Abraham also makes sense, he and Watkins can rotate and play together as a partnership.

Still think we also need a major signing as a CB partner for Mings.

41 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So 50 then, not 70. Luiz is going, so might as well include him in any deal to knock a few quid off.

If they want 70 then sure, if they want 90 then no.

I have seen some crazy prices for him being mentioned.

Also I couldn't give a toss about Luis right now, if he doesn't sign he should be sold this summer.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Moxley also saying we want a genuine A-list striker. Not sure how reliable Moxley is, but I too think we will go big on another centre-forward.

Suarez still got a place over here do we reckon?

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Abraham looks after the ball and has good workrate, so whilst his main thing is scoring goals and he's a penalty box player, I don't think having him in the team is like playing with ten men and only worth it if he scores, in the same way it used to be with someone like Bent, I see him more as a younger version of someone like Ings in terms of being mainly a penalty box poacher, but also haveing excellent work rate and also being better on the ball than a lot give him credit for.

Having someone to aim for in that area would be an improvement, Watkins is always leaving it

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bailey may well turn out to be a player but I have wondered if he fits in at Villa and in particular with Gerrard's style.

Sanson would be a shame I think he's quality.

Ings for Bissouma makes a lot of sense, I'd be happy with that.

Personally I'd prefer Traore over Bailey as he proved himself last season with his 36 appearances, 7 goals and 6 assists in the PL.

Abraham also makes sense, he and Watkins can rotate and play together as a partnership.

Still think we also need a major signing as a CB partner for Mings.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one striker only PLEASE for the love of god it isn't 1997

Edited by paul514

41 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Think this would be a disaster but can see it happening. Abraham will score just enough goals for everyone to forget we concede more and control possession less when he's playing as he offers little else other than goals

We don't control possession anyway.....

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm not advocating playing them both...

If Ings goes we need to sign another striker.

We sure do.

I said it a few days ago expecting grief but I'd have a look at getting Bale on a two year deal in place of Ings, the cost would be neutral.

Personally I think the Abraham ship has sailed due to the cost, I advocated getting him or Edouard last summer and we got Ings

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Wouldn’t sell either of these, Moxley has also said we are considering swapping ings for bissouma

It's starting... Have a feeling a lot of our players will be wanting out this summer after witnessing the trainwreck Gerrard has turned out to be.  Everything we've built over the past 4 seasons is about to be gutted because Slippy G wants "his" players.  

Reminds me a lot of my Detroit Lions... Had the best team in my lifetime as a fan, with the team finishing in the playoff spots, who had a talented roster and just needed a good coach to take them to the next level...  Hires a new Coach/GM combo from the Patriots who talk a lot about "winning mentality" and "tactics" but start throwing players under the bus the following season when results don't go their way.  Three years later, all the talent on the roster is completely gutted, we have the worst defense in the entire league, and our clueless coach is still going on and on about "culture" and "character" of certain players, while he's delivering some of the worst coached football I've ever seen.  Had to start all over again from the ground up the following season with a whole new regime...  Hopefully I'm overreacting, but I'm starting to see a lot of parallels with Villa and Gerrard here.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

We sure do.

I said it a few days ago expecting grief but I'd have a look at getting Bale on a two year deal in place of Ings, the cost would be neutral.

Personally I think the Abraham ship has sailed due to the cost, I advocated getting him or Edouard last summer and we got Ings

Wouldn’t want this at all 

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's starting... Have a feeling a lot of our players will be wanting out this summer after witnessing the trainwreck Gerrard has turned out to be.  Everything we've built over the past 4 seasons is about to be gutted because Slippy G wants "his" players.  

Reminds me a lot of my Detroit Lions... Had the best team in my lifetime as a fan, with the team finishing in the playoff spots, who had a talented roster and just needed a good coach to take them to the next level...  Hires a new Coach/GM combo from the Patriots who talk a lot about "winning mentality" and "tactics" but start throwing players under the bus the following season when results don't go their way.  Three years later, all the talent on the roster is completely gutted, we have the worst defense in the entire league, and our clueless coach is still going on and on about "culture" and "character" of certain players, while he's delivering some of the worst coached football I've ever seen.  Had to start all over again from the ground up the following season with a whole new regime...  Hopefully I'm overreacting, but I'm starting to see a lot of parallels with Villa and Gerrard here.  

Yep was fine last season then we hired a clown

I really hope the owners put a stop to the Purslow power trip 

Simon Jordan summed it up for me. When you look at overall spend and sales, we haven't spent that much at all, and deserve to be mid table, which we're. 

We've lost four on the spin to teams who are fighting for positions we want to be in.

We've got a unbalanced midfield, a mid table defence and in honesty we've some what spanked the grealish money up the wall.

To push on we need better in the squad. Simple as that.