The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

sne

Let me just sum the olympics up before it starts.

Norway, USA and China will win 90% of all golds in that order. Everyone will get Covid, some poor Swede, Dane or German will say something about China and get “ill”, get put in isolation and never get heard from again. 

IOC’s old man brigade will be sequestered in a plush VIP hotel where there’s no restrictions, free booze and prostitutes. They’ll release a statement that China is much better than what is reported, don’t you know, then it’ll probably be given to North Korea next time. Long may the sports wash continue! 🥳

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Let me just sum the olympics up before it starts.

Norway, USA and China will win 90% of all golds in that order. Everyone will get Covid, some poor Swede, Dane or German will say something about China and get “ill”, get put in isolation and never get heard from again. 

IOC’s old man brigade will be sequestered in a plush VIP hotel where there’s no restrictions, free booze and prostitutes. They’ll release a statement that China is much better than what is reported, don’t you know, then it’ll probably be given to North Korea next time. Long may the sports wash continue! 🥳

Come on, be serious!

Spoiler

Danes at the Winter Olympics? Geddouttahere! 

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2022 at 19:39, Genie said:

Discovery+/ Eurosport are showing all the events, you can get 6 months free if you have a pay monthly contract with Vodafone.

Or £30 for a year's contract.

I am mulling it over as they are  also exclusively showing the French Open now so noJohn Inverdale being smug in Paris for 2 weeks. Mind you the rest of Eurosport's portfolio is pretty shite.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I've started watching my first bits of Winter Olympics action.  It's a bit weird (and slightly disrespectful) to start before the opening ceremony but I get that it happens. 

Now, back to the replay of the curling.  "Go haaarrrd!" (kw.gif).

Edited by trekka

Delighted for Nils van der Poel to win the 5000m speed skating gold. Such a likeable guy who goes his own way with training and everything he does.

Nail biting finish to the race as well. Speed skating is one of those sports that should be boring but is actually pretty fun to watch. Obviously partly down to who the commentators are. Also helps that some of my earliest Olympic memory is from the 84 Olympics in Sarajevo when Tomas Gustafson won gold and silver in the 5000m & 10.000m races.

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Delighted for Nils van der Poel to win the 5000m speed skating gold. Such a likeable guy who goes his own way with training and everything he does.

Nail biting finish to the race as well. Speed skating is one of those sports that should be boring but is actually pretty fun to watch. Obviously partly down to who the commentators are. Also helps that some of my earliest Olympic memory is from the 84 Olympics in Sarajevo when Tomas Gustafson won gold and silver in the 5000m & 10.000m races.

Speed-skaters have stupid legs

bcvD7yp.jpg

• Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 19:22, trekka said:

Now that it has started, I thought I would reminisce.  

FREEEDOOOOOM (at 1:20).  

16 years later, and she made up for that. Pretty epic wait and redemption

• Haha 1

Â