Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

it took us some time, to get a quality CDM, always seemingly signing attacking players. it was a bit a of a relief for some of us, when we got him.

We saw McGinn and Luiz in the double pivot, 2 players far more comfortable further forward, trying to hold things together, in a defensive role.

We finally get our man, but we still have only one, of any quality, in a 25 man squad.

We see how Dougie's game dips, when Boub is missing and our defensive frailties, re-emerge.

I feel, we need some quality cover for this man, and they can fight for their place, like everyone else.

We are thin on the ground, for players, with a nose for defending....we still play players in defence with a more attacking tendency, than defending, is it any wonder we concede more than we should.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

He’s a fantastic young player and the makings of a superstar, and someone we look back on and say what a player he was. 
A silly red card, that’s all it was, it’s cost us points but he’s young and he’ll learn a lot from that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heat of the moment, in a fired up game.....I don't blame him for being the only man in the squad, who can do that job, with any quality.

It was ill disciplined, but something, we all might do, in the heat of battle....and we don't know if anything provoking was said.

I think, its down to us as a club, to have cover/competition for him....I don't think Dendoncker is of sufficient quality, but hey ho.

• Like 2

On 27/12/2023 at 09:28, theboyangel said:

People talk about Rodri at Man Citeh and how they don’t function as well without him.

Kamara is our equivalent…

Just glad his last game ban is this weekend and he should be well rested for the busy January ahead. 

Spot on.

All the more reason why, we want another one like him, to share the burden.

What would be wrong, playing another one like him in the 2....and pushing Dougie further up in to the 3..........when we are playing teams away, in arduous games.

some folk, baulk at wingers, not tracking back.....personally, I just want them to have their nose to the grindstone, and keep attacking.....ball winning , midfielders do that, and keep them fed....not requiring them to drift away from their desk.

Balance is the key....and if we can get that, it means players concentrating/focusing on the job they are best at........How many times in times of need does Dougie and McGinn have to revisit the double pivot, we have seen umpteen times over the years, their prowess in  the offensive side of the game...we need to bring in players, to allow them to do what they do best.

• Like 2

Â