Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

People want to sell one of our better players after one rough game? For a pittance?

I've come to the conclusion a large section of our fans are complete Alf Garnett word. And don't deserve a good team.

Instead of trying to insult me, try reading my posts in full and the reasoning for my opinion

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but he is better than 65 million linked Cheick Doucoure and Lavia. Also is better than 115 million Caicedo so its a bit ridiculous some are suggesting they would take 50 million for him

Some members on here seem to think we are some plucky Championship club who should be selling at the first offer

I don’t think we should be even thinking of selling him but let’s not go nuts.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we should be even thinking of selling him but let’s go nuts.

How so? Caicedo has had one decent season playing in the most systematic team in the league while Kamara has French caps and Champions League experience playing different styles

39 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'm going to clarify my position on this as my earlier opinion on it (just my opinion btw) has seemingly really upset a few posters. 

He's very good. I don't think he's world class. I'd sell him IF we got a high offer. 50 mill i said i'd accept but when you see the fees players are going for now i'd up it.

For me, world class means you barely ever make mistakes, or put your team in trouble.

I defy anyone to realistically tell me he hasn't given away/been dispossessed on the edge of his own box on multiple occasions. He also misplaces too many passes to be considered world class.

Douglas Luiz on the other hand, I feel is the better player - how often do you see him doing slmething suicidal?

BK is very good at winning the ball and moving it quickly.

I also think some of you could just disagree with the opinion rather than have a hissy fit about it.

I love Doug but he has given the ball away in stupid areas a lot and a fair number of penalties in his time with us. I lost count of how many times he's been bullied off the ball and fallen over with no foul given.  I still think he's class but we've been generally forgiving because he was young and new to the Premiership and at first at least part of a struggling team. Kamara is young also and its only his second season, people were hailing him as world class and our best midfielder last season at times. The issue for me is we don't have a true sh*t house midfielder willing to foul/bend the rules as much as possible like most teams. Doug and Kamara are way to soft and it really counts against us at times. Only thing we have that can do that kind of damage is McGinn's arse.

Either way he's worth stupid money for anyone stupid enough to try and take him from us. We need more class players not less.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Instead of trying to insult me, try reading my posts in full and the reasoning for my opinion

I did. There is no point. I didn't detect any reasoning.  And it's odd because your normally one of the people I find I agree with!

22 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I did. There is no point. I didn't detect any reasoning.  And it's odd because your normally one of the people I find I agree with!

I mean this in the most mutually respectful, affectionate way, but we do all seem a bit thin-skinned this week, don't we? What's going on?
(Oh, we had a catastrophic shock to our hope and dreams in the last week and maybe haven't totally got over it. 😁)

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I mean this in the most mutually respectful, affectionate way, but we do all seem a bit thin-skinned this week, don't we? What's going on?
(Oh, we had a catastrophic shock to our hope and dreams in the last week and maybe haven't totally got over it. 😁)

giphy.gif

The usual on here - don't try and state an opinion

I also wouldn’t be upset if he was sold. He gives the ball away a lot by dithering. Never really understood the hype. Decent player but nothing more. If we could get 50 mill for him we should take it 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If the bin dippers were willing to pay £60 million for Lavia then Bouba is worth £75-£90million… We’ve no need to sell and they're desperate. 

Well considering they agreed £110M for Caicedo, if they do come calling I'd be demanding the same.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah...talk of selling Kamara and him not even being that great 🤣 I'm out...

I still don't totally accept that he even was that bad on Saturday given the totality of circumstances. Groupthink and recency bias at work.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

You're probably right. And in any event I wouldn't accept 50m for him if that's what's being touted, no way. But if Liverpool were to offer silly money, well, everyone's got a price.

But here's where that's a false economy, as the replacement player also has a price, is likely to occupy the bulk of the transfer fee and requires a certain element of luck in order to improve the team. Chances are we'll go backwards in overall quality.

Hence why we're moving more to a model where academy players that are good, but not good enough (yet) for where we wish to be, are the ones that have a 'price'. They're far more profitable to the club than selling a star for £100m, and replacing him with two lesser players but with a higher combined wage. 

Â