Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Annoyman said:

Takes the piss how good he was. He must have actually beaten his man more times than Gnonto did based on that, largely by moving his hips while near-stationary

Yeah he just seems to swivel effortlessly away from opposition players. The things that strike me apart from that are his calmness, quick-thinking, passing accuracy and, as someone mentioned above, his awareness of what's going on around the pitch because he picks out such good passes.

I went on the OS this morning to watch the usual pitchside highlights but this time there weren't any... Instead they've made a clip of Boubacar's best bits. They don't usually do a post-match highlights of just one player.

• Like 1

I hate to say this because I will have people coming at me saying “typical Villa, as soon as a player is good we try to sell them blah blah blah”  but I cannot see a world where we aren’t getting £70m+ bids for him this summer. Hope we either tell them to take a running jump given his long contract (or already have his replacement lined up, Brighton style).

Maybe I’m just overexcited but I honestly think he’s the best midfielder outside the top 3 or 4 clubs. He’s just absolutely class.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I hate to say this because I will have people coming at me saying “typical Villa, as soon as a player is good we try to sell them blah blah blah”  but I cannot see a world where we aren’t getting £70m+ bids for him this summer. Hope we either tell them to take a running jump given his long contract (or already have his replacement lined up, Brighton style).

Maybe I’m just overexcited but I honestly think he’s the best midfielder outside the top 3 or 4 clubs. He’s just absolutely class.

Right up there with Rodri for me, and I think he actually has a little more to his game than him.

7 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He might be worth 75 but anyone looking to buy would be subject to the arsehole tax unfortunately which doubles the price

I doubt Kamara will see it that way. One of the reasons he probably agreed to move here was to use the club as a steppingstone.  I'm sure he wouldn't have signed if we plan to hold clubs to ransom over the fee.

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I doubt Kamara will see it that way. One of the reasons he probably agreed to move here was to use the club as a steppingstone.  I'm sure he wouldn't have signed if we plan to hold clubs to ransom over the fee.

So you think as part of the contract negotiations we agreed to not ask for lots of money when someone tries to buy him from us? 

59 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

So you think as part of the contract negotiations we agreed to not ask for lots of money when someone tries to buy him from us? 

No, I think rejecting £60m+ bids so we can get £150m wouldn’t not be welcomed by the player.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No, I think rejecting £60m+ bids so we can get £150m wouldn’t not be welcomed by the player.

I don't understand the last bit. 

Either way, we proved with Jack we won't be bullied over selling players. I wouldn't be surprised if Kamara and Luiz both have clauses in their contracts. Clauses that are attractive to us and them. There is evidence of this under the new leadership. There is no evidence of selling players we don't want to sell for less than we want to sell them for. (Partly because our players have generally been shit, but you can only go with the facts in front of you).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I don't understand the last bit. 

Either way, we proved with Jack we won't be bullied over selling players. I wouldn't be surprised if Kamara and Luiz both have clauses in their contracts. Clauses that are attractive to us and them. There is evidence of this under the new leadership. There is no evidence of selling players we don't want to sell for less than we want to sell them for. (Partly because our players have generally been shit, but you can only go with the facts in front of you).

The last bit means that Kamara would likely be unhappy if we rejected reasonable bids from the likes of Real, Bayern, City etc.

Jack proves nothing. Do you think Kamara came here for his love of the Villa?  He came here because we offered more money than those in for him. And if a bigger fish comes along offering even more money and the chance to win silverware, he’ll be off.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

The last bit means that Kamara would likely be unhappy if we rejected reasonable bids from the likes of Real, Bayern, City etc.

Jack proves nothing. Do you think Kamara came here for his love of the Villa?  He came here because we offered more money than those in for him. And if a bigger fish comes along offering even more money and the chance to win silverware, he’ll be off.

He'll be off if we want to sell him. The Jack comparison was to evidence our owners choosing to sell him on their terms. Their terms being £100,000,000. If we get an offer we deem acceptable for Kamara, we'll accept it. 

There's zero evidence of us being pushover's in the market now. But if you choose chase that mirage, more power to you.

I'm done with this now. UTV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Actually, the reason he came to us was that only we and Atletico Madrid mafe any serious move to get him. AM though didn't really show any professionalism whilst SG actually showed up himself and acted very serious and very professional talking about our plans. Of course he's well paid, but that wasn't the reason. 

Anyway, I wonder if he's the first player I've seen dribbling past a player by just standing still. Could be.  Couldn't really believe my eyes there. I was expecting a pass backwards. As was the leeds player, I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Best player for years and years. Wouldn't consider a bid below £150 million 

Gresford went for £100m and that was 2 years ago. Player inflation makes that £200m now.  So £100-120m feels right if someone wants to pay over the odds and force us to sell. 

Otherwise he’s staying!

Edited by ender4

Â