Formula One - 2022

BOF

Back to this weekend's race. I'm expecting Hamilton to be competitive. I wouldn't completely rule out a Merc win. Obviously Max is the favourite but Brits at Silverstone and a few upgrades, and they're not a million miles away on pace anyway. So we shall see.

Will the Ferrari’s continue with their famous Italian reliability? Ideally they take the fight to Red Bull along with the Merc’s. It could be a classic.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Will the Ferrari’s continue with their famous Italian reliability? Ideally they take the fight to Red Bull along with the Merc’s. It could be a classic.

Well this is it. I'm now at the point where I'd be surprised if Ferrari had a smooth weekend for both drivers, and you don't win Championships like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Back to this weekend's race. I'm expecting Hamilton to be competitive. I wouldn't completely rule out a Merc win. Obviously Max is the favourite but Brits at Silverstone and a few upgrades, and they're not a million miles away on pace anyway. So we shall see.

I think the pace gap is still quite big. Hamilton's result in Canada, he was 7s behind after essentially 15 laps after the safety car. That's still a significant pace gap to Red Bull to bridge. 

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

With Nelson and Jos as Max's father figures, it's almost a wonder that Max isn't even more of a prick than he is.

Almost.

Didn't his dad beat his mother? I find it astonishing he even has a relationship with the man.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Perez retiring in Canada shows Red Bull are still having reliability issues too. Mercedes seem to be the most reliable at the moment

40 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Didn't his dad beat his mother? I find it astonishing he even has a relationship with the man.

The controversy part of his wikipedia page makes for, shall we say, interesting reading.

Vips dropped by Red Bull.

Red Bull has dropped Juri Vips from its Junior Team following its investigation into his use of a racial slur during a live stream last week.

Vips, 21, was the team’s official test and reserve driver. He participated in the first practice session for the Spanish Grand Prix for the team alongside Max Verstappen.

“Following its investigation into an online incident involving Juri Vips, Oracle Red Bull Racing has terminated Juri’s contract as its test and reserve driver,” the team said in a statement.

“The team do not condone any form of racism.”

Footage of Vips playing a Call of Duty on a live stream with fellow Red Bull Junior Team member Liam Lawson and others emerged last week. The phrase “bitch n*****” is heard at one point, following which several of the players responded: “Juri”.

More in link

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

The comments about Hamilton are disgraceful and it’s great to see teams coming together to stand up for him. 

And yet Formula 1 put out a statement that doesn't say a whole lot.

8 hours ago, BOF said:

They will be ok when they turn their engines up 

48 minutes ago, BOF said:

And yet Formula 1 put out a statement that doesn't say a whole lot.

Yikes I missed that. There’s a chance to really stand up and make a statement and they’ve totally missed it. 🤦‍♂️

9 hours ago, BOF said:

I think from the Barcelona form they will be right up there, the car should be very good through the high speed corners when porpoising is less of a factor on the smoother non street track surface.