Formula One - 2022

BOF

Great result for Perez. He has a great chance tomorrow given this circuit isn’t the best for overtaking. Will be a nice battle at the front. 

A Perez win with the Ferraris on the other podium spots would be a really nice start to the season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lewis won’t win but him starting from that far back is always entertaining 

It's usually entertaining because he's at the back in a much faster car - I'm not sure that's the case today - I don't see Lewis picking his way through the field.

Think I read somewhere he was even considering starting from the pit lane. Not sure what advantages that gives with the modern rules but presumably some extra setup tinkering or tyre changes or something.

49 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Think I read somewhere he was even considering starting from the pit lane. Not sure what advantages that gives with the modern rules but presumably some extra setup tinkering or tyre changes or something.

Gives a whole bunch of advantages. Can effectively take the car out of Parc ferme and redo the entire setup. 

Crazy that marshall wishing for Hamilton to have a serious crash. He must work with lots of people who feel the same if he's emboldened enough to post it publicly online.

Lots of weird hatred for "blessed Hamilton".

46 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Gives a whole bunch of advantages. Can effectively take the car out of Parc ferme and redo the entire setup. 

Seems the smart thing to do. Russell has shown the car is better than he had yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Chine said:

I’d love to see the red bull cars pull up again , what an annoying bunch of toads 

I can see how you would think that of Max and some dislike Horner but surely not if Checo

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's usually entertaining because he's at the back in a much faster car - I'm not sure that's the case today - I don't see Lewis picking his way through the field.

It’s not much faster, but he’s still in a false position. And it’s Lewis Hamilton 

• Like 1

In previous years Lewis could get through the field from the back whereas Bottas would struggle despite it being the same car.

I think some points is probably as good as it’s going go get today. 8/9/10th is my prediction.

Edited by Genie

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s not much faster, but he’s still in a false position. And it’s Lewis Hamilton 

I'm not sure it's that false a position, Mercedes are probably the fifth or sixth strongest team on the grid at the moment - he's maybe five or six spots back from where he should be.

You're right though, the Hamilton factor will count - it's just a pity that the car has prematurely Alonsoed him.

If Mercedes get their strategy right and the track gives him the carnage it definitely has in it - he could still finish in the points from where he is.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it's that false a position, Mercedes are probably the fifth or sixth strongest team on the grid at the moment - he's maybe five or six spots back from where he should be.

You're right though, the Hamilton factor will count - it's just a pity that the car has prematurely Alonsoed him.

If Mercedes get their strategy right and the track gives him the carnage it definitely has in it - he could still finish in the points from where he is.

Russell qualifying so much higher would suggest they can get much more out of the Mercedes than Lewis got