Formula One - 2022

BOF

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

And a full second behind his teammate.

Turns out he's only Mr Saturday when he's up against a painfully slow pay driver

In fairness, he lost 9 tenths on a turn one error but I agree, not an ideal start for the next big thing.

Good to see the FIA produce their report into the end of last season today.

If you haven't got time to read the whole thing, here's a summary: "We fixed the ending, deal with it. Case closed."

Oddly enough, that might well be the right answer so we can move forward.

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The engine is turned down believe me, it has the power. They are having a few issues with aero, but there are bits and pieces to change before the start of the race, so we will see.

I don't know for sure if they will pull something out the bag for the race, but I do know if they performed to the max now, it would have the Horners moaning already saying they have an advantage.

Well if they did turn it up it didn't deliver what they needed.

Mercedes will learn and adjust I am sure of it. They will need to because the Ferraris look very very quick which is great.

Let's see what their race pace is like.

38 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well if they did turn it up it didn't deliver what they needed.

Mercedes will learn and adjust I am sure of it. They will need to because the Ferraris look very very quick which is great.

Let's see what their race pace is like.

I think it's a aero problem with Merc, the engine has all the power it needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good to see the FIA produce their report into the end of last season today.

If you haven't got time to read the whole thing, here's a summary: "We fixed the ending, deal with it. Case closed."

Oddly enough, that might well be the right answer so we can move forward.

At the end of it all nothing will change, max will forever have the stigma of winning the world championship through a mixture of incompetence and/or cheating from massi.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

At the end of it all nothing will change, max will forever have the stigma of winning the world championship through a mixture of incompetence and/or cheating from massi.

Yep, the 2021 season will forever have an * next to the result. The year the race director switched the champion on the last lap. 

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

I really don't think he will. Michael Schumacher literally crashed Damon Hill off the track on purpose to win one of his and he has no stigma.

He had the most wins, poles, laps led. It wasn't like he was an undeserving champion. If Masi had made that **** up in the 7th race of the season rather than the last nobody would even remember it. The only reason there was a massive outcry is because one of Masi's numerous, glaring errors happened to be the last thing that happened in the season.

He should have been sacked and was, not just because of that decision though, because he repeatedly did a poor and inconsistent job.

If VER wins again this year he'll be known as a multiple world champion in the same breath as Alonso and there will be no stigma.

• Like 1

If Max goes on to add a few more titles then 2021 will be less of special case.

If it’s his only title (like Button at Brawn with the rear diffuser) then the way it came about always hang over him.

Back on topic to this season, what in the ever loving **** is going on with the new graphics?

Every **** they were showing on screen had at least one purple sector. It made absolutely no sense and managed to annoy me in the middle of a very entertaining quali

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Max goes on to add a few more titles then 2021 will be less of special case.

If it’s his only title (like Button at Brawn with the rear diffuser) then the way it came about always hang over him.

I really don't think it will. He statistically dominated the season and was one of the rare winners of the WDC not from the WCC team and the only non Merc champ of the entire era. If anything his season will be looked back one as a great one, with Masi's **** up as a bit of trivia.

• Like 1

Just now, RussG said:

Very much appreciate I'm in the minority but I prefer Horner to Wolff.

*dons tin hat*

Carefull. Horner is the devil incarnate apparently.......

I don't see any difference between the two if I am honest but I quite like Danny Tic so I am obviously not a very good judge.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

I don't see any difference between the two if I am honest

This is exactly where I am, they'll both clearly do whatever is needed for the respective team and rightly so.

47 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Back on topic to this season, what in the ever loving **** is going on with the new graphics?

Every **** they were showing on screen had at least one purple sector. It made absolutely no sense and managed to annoy me in the middle of a very entertaining quali

I'm assuming that theres an issue with the data stream. Does seem like it's a big step backwards

26 minutes ago, RussG said:

Very much appreciate I'm in the minority but I prefer Horner to Wolff.

*dons tin hat*

They both seem like clearings in the woods. But Horner is a whiny little bitch on top of that which sets him apart

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think it's a aero problem with Merc, the engine has all the power it needs.

Surely it's not an aero problem for all of their customers as well, they're basically all at the back lol.

Would have to be the mother of all coincidences for the issue not to be engine related. If it does have enough power then there is some problem with deploying it.

• Like 1