Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

12 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He played ok today. I’ve criticised him but if he plays at that level he’s fine for the conference and lesser cup games. let’s start him v Hibs and let him build his confidence. 

It was nice to hear the fans sing his name as well

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Olsen was all over the shop for the goal, putting the defence under pressure by not coming out to claim it. 

I don't agree at all, look at it again. When the first cross comes in it goes out towards Digne, too far out for him to go and try to collect. If he had rushed out there he would have been criticized for rushing out. Then when the shot comes in the moment after he has a good position, but can't save it. A quite powerful high shot from short distance, can't fault him at all for that. I think pau was the one that was at fault, he got turned way to easily.

• Like 2

I'm a bit surprised by so many negative comments of his performance. As I saw it he did one dodgy thing, when he made that bad direct pass back to Kamara. Perhaps on some occation he was out a bit too far in the penalty area. Otherwise made one or two good saves, but didn't have much to do, looked solid and calm.

I was about to come on here to say that I don't think his good performace today was much of an improvement, more that many have a bit of a wrong perception of him as he was thrown in against Newcastle away, Man U, Man C and Liverpool and looked quite bad in those games. Today was a steady game like we are used to see him for Sweden, when not under too much pressure his dodgy passing doesn't show that much. Still would prefer a seasoned 30+ keeper used to the PL as back up, and he will struggle against the better teams who presses more. But today I think he was good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

I think he made two excellent saves at least.

What were they sorry?

I can remember a weird flap at an odd deflection that was coming into the near post and nothing else.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Compare him to the Brighton reserve yesterday (since we always have to compare to Brighton) then he was perfectly fine

Did Verbruggen struggle yesterday?

Even if he did, I'm telling you now he's a better keeper than Olsen.

He was decent today, looked a little more assured on the ball and wonderful save when the game was tight in the 2nd half.

No he isn't the greatest keeper in the world,  but I'm amazed at how many love an agenda against one of our own players.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What were they sorry?

I can remember a weird flap at an odd deflection that was coming into the near post and nothing else.

If the save I'm thinking of was a weird flap to you then you are definitely biased...

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If the save I'm thinking of was a weird flap to you then you are definitely biased...

The weird flap was just...weird. Think the ball span up right at near post and he slapped it away. Don't even remember if it was a shot.

I've remembered another save now. From a free header from a corner. Routine as it comes. If that goes in, it's terrible goalkeeping. Had an age to watch it.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

What were they sorry?

There was also a header that was going in the bottom corner at 2-1 but you'd expect him to save it

Edit- never mind, see you just posted about it

Edited by villan95

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The weird flap was just...weird. Think the ball span up right at near post and he slapped it away. Don't even remember if it was a shot.

It wasn’t, it was a cross that deflected off our defender and span towards the near post instead of going across the box. Was a cracking save, but think the Burnley player who crossed was offside.

It was a “weird flap” (I guess you just want to play it down) because he had to adjust so quickly to the deflection.

Was class to hear our fans chanting his name today as well. Exactly the support that’s needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Guessing you think there was some stuff worthy of criticism then :)

No harm in commenting on a player's performance on a fan forum. Someone hasn't magically played better/worse if the team has won/lost. Performance is performance.

Thought he was horrible for almost everything except 10 yards sideways passes.

Right up to bumbling around in the 93rd minute and not coming for a simple ball on the edge of the area...leading to him rushing to get it right on the left edge of the box.

Spreads fear throughout the team. Flapped at their goal. Generally rubbish.

Don’t think he was that bad but definitely worries when he in goal.

I do think we are too used to having one of the best goalies in the world. The drop off will always be massive.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I've remembered another save now. From a free header from a corner. Routine as it comes. If that goes in, it's terrible goalkeeping. Had an age to watch it.

Yep definitely biased, that's cool just as long as you know 😀

49 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It took a deflection off the defender blocking the cross and had an awkward spin, was decent reflexes to push it away even though was offside

I don't think he did too bad but it's like he necks a gallon of black coffee before each half. He's so amped and reactionary. 

There's zero presence when crosses come into the box. It's all very edgy. Great reaction save to the deflected shot, regardless of if it was offside or not. 

He just needs to calm down and use his giant frame to dominate the box. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

It took a deflection off the defender blocking the cross and had an awkward spin, was decent reflexes to push it away even though was offside

Yeah, I didn't think it was a shot.

Perhaps the only 'good' thing he did all game?

Looking at his body position I don’t think he expected the back pass off Kamara at pace , got caught on his heels and tried to dig it out up the pitch , miskicked it straight back at him . Could have been costly . Other than that I thought he did ok .

• Like 1

Â