Lucas Digne

villan-scott

He's had a fantastic season.

Also experienced at the top level and has a good mentality. We can't just be selling those players now we've finally made CL.

Would rather move on Moreno tbh who's 31 in a few weeks and just doesn't look the same since his hamstring injury.

I think both him and Moreno shouldn't be first choice. Neither can defend, Moreno has a bit more athelticism but his final ball has been poor all season. Both are 31 next season too so getting on.

We should go for a first choice left back to start next season, with either Moreno or Digne as backup. As Digne is on far more money I guess he makes way.

Earlier on in the season I'd have been all for keeping Digne, he was brilliant up until January, but he looks like he's aged 5 years these last few months so time to move on. 

• Haha 1

He had a better first half of the season. My guess is that, like certain midfielders, he was fatigued by the end. Arguably LB is the most demanding position in Unai's system when he uses the asymmetrical system with the attacking LB and stay-at-home RB. Having two LBs is key.

A full strength Digne with a full strength Moreno should be good enough at LB. Whether both of them will be full strength next year is the question.

I was one of those who wanted him out last summer, gladly I was wrong (although that was for financial reasons). 

He helped us getting CL, so that itself was worth keeping him. 
This time I’m not really agreeing on offloading him, but if we get a good offer that would be his last offer where he could get us some money. 
Anything above 15m should be considered, I think we can get a good and cheaper replacement for that amount. While still having Moreno (and possibly Hermoso if we want a defensive game).

• Like 1

We need pace at full backs. Digne has had a good season, but to go up a level, we need quick full backs. Especially if we’re planning on playing Torres in the back line. 

Â