Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Just now, The_Steve said:

No excuse  for the really poor defensive work. He did score a great goal today. We win and lose as a team. That highline with a second string defence was utterly exposed when we have a distinct lack of pace across the back line. 

This more than anything. Not as if Warsaw was peppering the goal but they recognized when they had numbers at the back and ran at that shoddy back line relentlessly when they did. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

To be fair - Digne has played really well this season - but has had his worst game, probably at the most in opportune moment for him imo 

It's frustrating for the first goal how an international player can ball watch and not bother to look over his shoulder. It's absolutely baffling.

18 minutes ago, birdman said:

It's frustrating for the first goal how an international player can ball watch and not bother to look over his shoulder. It's absolutely baffling.

Oh he looked over his shoulder, it was just his left one when the player was behind his right

Awful awareness

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I’ve defended him many times on here & even would say his defending hasn’t been as bad as some made out- but that was abysmal, first goal should never happen like that-so bad.

Entire defensive unit was poor but Digne was asleep at the wheel for their first 

You are right - he has been fine this season, but now he is likely to be replaced.

We probably all knew it was only a matter of time. 
Still good to have around as back up 

Usual mixed bag from Digne, good going forwards, nice goal but a bit rubbish defensively. But he is only back up to Moreno, who I'm sure will be in the first team again in the next week or two.

I think he was okayish.

Yeah, the first goal he let him through but why did Lenglet vacate the penalty spot? Went right into the space where he thought Lenglet was.

Wouldn't say the weakest link in a weak chain, but I don't think he's the player to solidify the defense when they're shaky like tonight.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

No excuse  for the really poor defensive work. He did score a great goal today. We win and lose as a team. That highline with a second string defence was utterly exposed when we have a distinct lack of pace across the back line. 

The goal took a massive deflection

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I think he was okayish.

Yeah, the first goal he let him through but why did Lenglet vacate the penalty spot? Went right into the space where he thought Lenglet was.

Wouldn't say the weakest link in a weak chain, but I don't think he's the player to solidify the defense when they're shaky like tonight.

The last few games we’ve given away some utterly stupid goals because our centre backs are giving the opposition strikers more space to attack  than when Moses parted the seas. It’s totally unacceptable. It’s not just a Digne issue. 

Â