Lucas Digne

villan-scott

15 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Very few were complaining when we signed the two players.  Actually, most fans were quite giddy.

I wasnt. We were signing a Barcelona and Everton reserve as Rafa saw right through Digne

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Back to Everton or France on loan , I'd say we will do well to get £60k wages and maybe a £2m loan fee.

It is £5m saved this season which is something.

But to save £5m we’d then have to buy another left back and pay them PL wages which overall costs a lot more than £5m, and we’re still stuck with the same problem a year down the line.

Think it’s a case of sell him or utilise him. Hopefully a PL club makes the same mistake as us and buys him off of his reputation without any closer inspection.

16 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Very few were complaining when we signed the two players.  Actually, most fans were quite giddy.

This is why you need proper scouts and analysts to cut through the hype and reputations of these players and just see the players for what they actually are. The bizarre thing is we apparently had it with Lange and the gang but then decided to start signing players on reputation at the whim of billy big bollocks Gerrard who wanted to take over recruitment despite barely knowing his arse from his elbow

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

I don't think Digne is a bad player but he wasn't worth the outlay, especially as he seems quite injury prone.

He's no-where near as dynamic as Moreno but he's as good a defender and can whip a better ball in from deep. 

I am not surprised we'd consider offers but equally if he stays around he'll have a big role to play this season given our extra Euro commitments.

It's also not clear that Moreno is going to be fit to start the season, so we need a decent back up, whether that is Digne or someone else.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Maybe the examples of Coutinho, Digne and Traoré, should suggest that any player who struggled at Barcelona, is destined to disappoint?

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wasnt. We were signing a Barcelona and Everton reserve as Rafa saw right through Digne

Right through how? I don’t think Dignes a bad player at all. Doesn’t have any attitude issues from what I can see as well. He’s not a what we need in a left back atm but if he wasn’t signed on mad wages I’d have no problem with him being back up to Moreno 

6 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Maybe the examples of Coutinho, Digne and Traoré, should suggest that any player who struggled at Barcelona, is destined to disappoint?

Not necessarily, digne was quality for Everton. Traore left as a kid. And coutinho had a really good season at Bayern the season before he came here 

Edited by IrishVilla10

12 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Digne's not a what we need in a left back atm but if he wasn’t signed on mad wages I’d have no problem with him being back up to Moreno.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Right through how? I don’t think Dignes a bad player at all. Doesn’t have any attitude issues from what I can see as well. He’s not a what we need in a left back atm but if he wasn’t signed on mad wages I’d have no problem with him being back up to Moreno 

That he wasnt very good and a defensive liability. Everton sold Digne and sacked Rafa a few days later so Everton were also happy get rid

No issues with his attitude

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That he wasnt very good and a defensive liability. Everton sold Digne and sacked Rafa a few days later so Everton were also happy get rid

I’m going to take the fact he was rated by ancelotti over the idea that rafa Benitez saw right through him to be honest. Who got sacked a week after he was sold. And we can’t pretend Everton have been well run the last few seasons either so that can’t be much of a reflection on Digne. 

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Digne is still a very good player and will start the season as our left back. No problem with that. 

Nope, get rid of him and his wages, get augustinson back in...

Seems to be a struggle with fans that this is the level of quality we will need in our squad to get anywhere

Chelsea have the 2 most expensive left backs in football history in their squad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Nope, get rid of him and his wages, get augustinson back in...

Seems to be a struggle with fans that this is the level of quality we will need in our squad to get anywhere

Chelsea have the 2 most expensive left backs in football history in their squad

Having 130k a week back up left backs or whatever are absolutely not where we are as a club.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Everton were in financial turmoil, they needed to sell.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Everton were in financial turmoil, they needed to sell.

The same window they spent 29 million and signed Alli which could have brought the spending up to nearly 70 million that window

Â