Lucas Digne

villan-scott

At 29 as well we aint getting much back for him. This is exactly what i was dsyibg when gerrard was signing all these 29 year olds on big contracts if they fail they heard to flog off.

We gonna be stuck with him digne and coutinho on high wages for years

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And that’s a bad thing?! Coutinho impressed last night and Digne will find his form again. 

Well im not sure in 2 years whther these players are gonna be any good. Both seem to be declining and at 29 they aint going to get much better than they currently are

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Well im not sure in 2 years whther these players are gonna be any good. Both seem to be declining and at 29 they aint going to get much better than they currently are

Both have qualities to offer and you need those experienced heads. Digne is badly in need of quality competition to get the best out of him. Otherwise it leaves us with more questions. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Both have qualities to offer and you need those experienced heads. Digne is badly in need of quality competition to get the best out of him. Otherwise it leaves us with more questions. 

Yeah i agree about digne needing competition. Digne for me hasnt been a great signing. Been average at best.

I think left and right both need competition. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i agree about digne needing competition. Digne for me hasnt been a great signing. Been average at best.

I think left and right both need competition. 

I agree about competition. Especially with 3 games in 10 days, it’s going to stretch the best of players. I still rate Digne, but he was poor yesterday. I’m sure he will turn it around still. Be very interesting to see if we go in for Moreno also. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

With the moreno signing seeming close does make you wonder what the future of digne is. 

Wouldnt be suprised if we cashed in the summer 

Nobody is buying him or paying his stupid contract

We're not flushed for options at LB. Young may play on for another 12 months, he may not. Ben Chrisene is miles off being ready.

Personally I'd give Augustinsson a run of starts as like what I saw from him v Wolves and I assume he'll play the cup tie.

However if we sign Moreno I assume we have option to terminate his loan as then we'd have four experienced LBs in the squad.

I tend to defend Digne quite often but the other day was the poorest he's played for us. Was constantly beaten time and again by Wolves overloads on the right and non-existent threat in attack summed up when he fired an attempted cross miles into the Holte.

I don't think he's going to be automatic starter anymore so guess we'll just rotate him in and out and wait for his deal to go down but didn't he sign for 4 and a half years?

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

The Dendocker salary isn't verified by them tbf. Digne's is.

The only figure I’ve seen anywhere near that is a claim from a Sky Sports Germany journalist. This obsession with his alleged salary is frankly bizarre. 

On 05/01/2023 at 06:34, Demitri_C said:

At 29 as well we aint getting much back for him. This is exactly what i was dsyibg when gerrard was signing all these 29 year olds on big contracts if they fail they heard to flog off.

We gonna be stuck with him digne and coutinho on high wages for years

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

With the moreno signing seeming close does make you wonder what the future of digne is. 

Wouldnt be suprised if we cashed in the summer 

🤔 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Â