Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I just can't see it.

All these wishful comments is exactly what Arsenal fans said about Ozil.

Coutinho is done at this level. His body can't handle this level of intensity. 

He may feature against some dead teams in the conference or early stages of the domestic cups but Premier League games not a chance.

Same. In training when the intensity isn’t there and it’s not physical, I’m sure he’s still got it. 

But the second anyone lays a finger on him, he’s not got the power or burst to get away anymore. 

He is wasting our wage bill. A liability.

Hope he gets a move to MLS. He'll be one of the best players there and have a good family life.

Edited by Pinebro

Would have been good to see what he could offer when Diaby and Watkins were on the pitch, it was a difficult cameo for a few including him. He’s ;come back from injury so may need more time. If Saudi came in for him I’d sell to clear the space and wages 

• Like 1

I fear we are doing what Gerrard did. Holding on to the expectation that it will come right for him. He isnt a 10. He is too slow and weak now to play off the left. He has Diaby as competition on the right. If he is willing to sit on the bench or even more likely not make the matchday squad apart from Thursdays then we cannot force him out . But its back to Brazil for his next move. Theres just nothing there any more. Not his fault. His body cannot do what it used to . Needs to be a mercy killing at some point. 

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I fear we are doing what Gerrard did. Holding on to the expectation that it will come right for him. He isnt a 10. He is too slow and weak now to play off the left. He has Diaby as competition on the right. If he is willing to sit on the bench or even more likely not make the matchday squad apart from Thursdays then we cannot force him out . But its back to Brazil for his next move. Theres just nothing there any more. Not his fault. His body cannot do what it used to . Needs to be a mercy killing at some point. 

If he is content to play second fiddle it just shows how far he has fallen rom grace.

You don't go from winning titles from Barca to sitting on a bench in Birmingham.

This is an indication that he has lost hunger for football. I'm not sure he enjoys it that much anymore.

He had a shot from about 35yards from a fairly good position with multiple options in front of him. It barely had enough power on to reach the goal... and was off target. I think that says all we need to know about Coutinho these days; talent has gone, physically dropped off, doesn't care and hasn't bought in  to the whole Uni considered build up approach. Offered nothing and hasn't for at least a year.

Needs to go.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

He had a shot from about 35yards from a fairly good position with multiple options in front of him. It barely had enough power on to reach the goal... and was off target. I think that says all we need to know about Coutinho these days; talent has gone, physically dropped off, doesn't care and hasn't bought in  to the whole Uni considered build up approach. Offered nothing and hasn't for at least a year.

Needs to go.

I don’t agree with the don’t care part I think he really does. He looks frustrated with himself. I think he knows his time is probably up but doesn’t want to admit it

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Time for Phil to go to Saudi. Get him on the plane now and just get him off the wage bill and take whatever fee we can get. 

I think they even know he's past it physically.

What did our medical say I wonder.

Everyone in football must have known he was done at the very top. We had zero competition for him. We even negotiated down to 17 mill from 34 mill and noone else came in. Gutted for him as he is a nice guy and seems to genuinely like the club . But just like me aged 50 and starting to get up off the toilet in stages when your body goes theres nothing you can do as an athlete. 

Â