Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

He's not staying, why would he to play for a mid table team possible fighting relegation again. So it's basically just a giant waste of money on wages. Hugely talented player..who can and will go and play for a team with a plan.

Not villa then.

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

He's not staying, why would he to play for a mid table team possible fighting relegation again. So it's basically just a giant waste of money on wages. Hugely talented player..who can and will go and play for a team with a plan.

Not villa then.

You cannot think like that man. We are going through a bad spell but you have to think positively about the future or you might as well throw the towel in. 

• Like 1

You are making me feel bad about the future, I want Coutinho to stay and help us move up the league. We support a midtable team - so hope of the future being better is, to some, the best motivation to keep following the club. Do not rob us of our dreams with pessimism of the future. It makes me feel the club is in a helpless/depressive state. Sorry @Pissflaps but I am being honest about it.

39 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

To be fair, he was as big a contributor as anyone else to the poor play in midfield, making plenty of loose passes. Thought Ramsey was comfortably our best player but he needs better quality around him.

Was also really lightweight and easily muscled off the ball. A few moments of magic but not his best game. 

32 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

You cannot think like that man. We are going through a bad spell but you have to think positively about the future or you might as well throw the towel in. 

I'm nearly 40. It's kind of hard to not be conditioned to become that way.

Sorry he won't stay. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Because he's one of the most expensive players in Europe? If he showed even a glimmer of his former highs, a club that can offer him more were bound to come in for him.

He was one of the most expensive players, definitely isn’t now and won’t be again. Very much doubt a champions league club will come for him even if he continues to show flashes of brilliance.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's on 200k a week and occupies the same spot and spaces as our record signing.

Sure but we got a world class CL player for relative peanuts. He adds a dimension to the attack that Buendia doesn’t and he gets to learn from him. Problem is the midfield behind him has been abysmal. Of all the signings over January and last summer, Ings has been the only signing that we didn’t need. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Wasn't really what we needed was he though. It's all fun and he's a joy to watch but more and more the signing seems utterly nonsensical.

Ye I'm hoping he and villa collectively are going to find our feet. But we have had one win in five games since he came. And those five games have included 4 of the bottom 6 teams I think. He has had a really good 30 minutes or so across all of those appearances. But very average or even below average for most of it.

18 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Sure but we got a world class CL player for relative peanuts. He adds a dimension to the attack that Buendia doesn’t and he gets to learn from him. Problem is the midfield behind him has been abysmal. Of all the signings over January and last summer, Ings has been the only signing that we didn’t need. 

I agree apart from the last part, we did need Ings.  Just because of poor form from him, Ollie and the others doesn’t negate the real need we had for another striker in the squad of quality.  Him struggling is more a sign of the squad struggling than him not fitting, we are a squad that has been 8ncredibly poor this season all over, that is never going to help new players.  It doesn’t mean we didn’t need him.

• Like 1

We don't seem to be using him as we should. He is no doubt a fantastic player, but is hardly getting a touch of the ball. Can we not play him like Grealish, meaning most of the play goes through him.

It's like Gerrard is not trying to single him out as the best player in the team, kinda thinking it's good for everyone to be equal. What Gerrard should be saying is, if in doubt look for Coutt's. It's obvious he is a far superior player than anyone on that pitch, an could actually create something given plenty of opportunity.

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree apart from the last part, we did need Ings.  Just because of poor form from him, Ollie and the others doesn’t negate the real need we had for another striker in the squad of quality.  Him struggling is more a sign of the squad struggling than him not fitting, we are a squad that has been 8ncredibly poor this season all over, that is never going to help new players.  It doesn’t mean we didn’t need him.

I agree we needed a striker. I just don’t know if Ings was the right one. Granted, I don’t really know what the “right one” would have looked like.

• Like 1

Â