Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

35 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He will have not recieved the love he is going to get from us since he left Liverpool. And even then this is different level. If he gets to his best he will be up there with McGrath as the best player to ever play for us .  Liverpool had Gerrard and Suarez at the same time as Coutinho . Come on Villa. This little magician is going to rip it up 

Brian Little says hello but get your drift. I suspect that this lad has the ability to walk in his footsteps over water

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

What a signing, what a statement of intent…

I expect good things… he’s the most talented player at the club. Just needs to keep fit and steer clear of injuries, he will get the love here and thrive - I really believe that.

Now… who’s next? 🤣

Just watched the Coutinho interview and to echo the sentiments of others he seems like such a great guy.

Very excited to see him play for Villa now he's actually here, seems fit and ready to go.

The profile of Coutinho is so high, the coverage Villa will receive in turn is potentially so rewarding for our name overseas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adman said:

It's deffo a loan for 6 months

And it's deffo got an option to buy. The official club statement specifically stated that. 

If we decide we want him, he's ours. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What a signing, what a statement of intent…

I expect good things… he’s the most talented player at the club. Just needs to keep fit and steer clear of injuries, he will get the love here and thrive - I really believe that.

Now… who’s next? 🤣

Milinkovic - Savic! 

I recall Xavi saying something like " With Philippe it is not a question of ability, it's mental "

He very much seems like the " Needs an arm around type " going off his interviews and reports of him being shy. Confidence has probably been knocked after being shellshocked at the Barca circus.

I reckon if you can get his confidence up and make him feel loved, the real Coutinho can emerge.

He did show signs on loan at Bayern.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

23 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Not gonna lie, dude looks damn good in a Villa shirt. 😄 Welcome Philippe.

Everyone looks good in a Villa shirt. 

Even tubby old me looks more like George Clooney in a Villa shirt. 

If I put on eg a Chelsea Shirt I'd look more like Mike Bassett. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I recall Xavi saying something like " With Philippe it is not an issue of ability, it's mental "

He very much seems like the " Needs an arm around type " going off his interviews and reports of him being shy.

I reckon if you can get his confidence up and make him feel loved, the real Coutinho can emerge.

He did show signs on loan at Bayern.

I believe SG will get the best out of him. Tbf though, we don’t need nor should we expect the Coutinho of Liverpool or the player that Barca signed… it’s not like we’re after the league title or Champions League (yet 😉).

He’s not costing us much and he’s a vast improvement on the likes of El Ghazi & Trez. The most talented player at the club although I expect good things from Bailey and Buendia too. Even, I dunno, 60%-70% of that player will be a major asset to us. Hopefully he’ll be even better than that though…

He will feel the love here, I’m sure of it. And that’s only going to help him.

The prospect of finally having actual high quality forwards linking up together is extremely exciting… initially, I can’t wait to see Coutinho and Buendia work together in creating chances and also scoring the odd wonder goal for us…

It may sound nasty (not intentioned) but I can’t wait to see the back of El Ghazi & Trez.

Time to kick on!

• Like 2

You can bet that Gerrard knows EXACTLY how to get the best out of him. Probably been dying to get into a job where he could realistically sign him and help him get back to his best. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You can bet that Gerrard knows EXACTLY how to get the best out of him.

The question is what is the best Coutinho can produce at the age of 29.

I think it's very unlikely we'll see anywhere close to his 2017 levels.

I think injuries has hindered him a lot.

Hope I'm wrong but I won't expect too much from him.

If he is an improvement on one of our number 10's then great.

• Haha 2

Â