Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Re the video of him scoring goal against us- is that actually true? Have never heard of it until now.

He posted it before the Boxing Day game

On 06/06/2023 at 14:29, lapal_fan said:

He did do ok at Rangers, were Celtic not on course to win their 10 in a row title that year?  What he did worked in Scotland, but you're talking about league 1/lower championship level players, he can play the "big I am" to that level of players, you can't do that to a dressing room full of international and premier league level players, especially some of whom are actually intelligent humans.

Is obvious he and his team were not of the required level to manage a prem team yet.  None of them seem to have the modesty required and none of them have the tactical knowledge.  You can't have one without the other in this league, you'll get found out quickly, and they did.

In early interviews he seemed very complimentary towards villa and their history/heritage.  That now only seems like platitudes because we were giving him loads of money.

The one thing I'll give him credit for is the redesign of the home dressing room is much better :lol:

He redesigned it?

On 06/06/2023 at 20:44, Keyblade said:

Tim Sherwood recently talking about Remi Garde following him said that the worst thing is when the guy coming after you does better than you. He was relieved it didn't happen. I'm hope Stevie G has been quietly seething for the last 8 months, because his successor didn't just do well, he knocked the ball out of the park.

Yeah I can see why Sherwood was relieved. If Garde had done well it could have ruined his reputation and he'd have nowhere near the managerial career he went on to have....

• Haha 3

On 06/06/2023 at 23:18, TheAuthority said:

Do you remember about a month after he was sacked, he posted a video on his social media. He had edited together every goal he'd ever scored against Villa.

Call it a lack of professionalism, or immaturity or just being a tit. But that' hardly going to endear him to Villa fans is it? Especially after his disastrous spell as manager in which he seemed to divide the dressing room, cause animosity between the fans and the club and dissolve all of the good spirit and positivity that Dean Smith had created during his time in charge.

I'm all for having a pop at Gerrard but did that actually happen? Or was it just one goal? That was probably reshared?

As much of a tool as he is that seems extreme for him to put together every goal against Villa.

Edited by Tom13

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Re the video of him scoring goal against us- is that actually true? Have never heard of it until now.

I'm almost certain the post which claims it was every goal against us edited together is a load of bs. If that had actually happened, much more would have been made of it.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

On 25/12/2022 at 10:42, Pinebro said:

What an absolute word removed.

I never saw it with my own eyes, so the most I can say is he posted one goal scored against us, late in the evening on Christmas Eve, a couple of days before we played them, and has since felt the need to delete it. No idea what the other 3 were, so it might be BS that those were also goals against us, but nobody at the time looked at his Instagram and called it out as BS.

Was that a reel reshared from Liverpool's official Insta though? As if so, he's just reshared it as a story on his profile, so it would automatically disappear after 24 hours.

If he posted his own reel which he then shared to his own story, and now the actual reel is gone - then yeah, he deleted it.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Was that a reel reshared from Liverpool's official Insta though? As if so, he's just reshared it as a story on his profile, so it would automatically disappear after 24 hours.

If he posted his own reel which he then shared to his own story, and now the actual reel is gone - then yeah, he deleted it.

Ah, could be, I have never used Insta much

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm almost certain the post which claims it was every goal against us edited together is a load of bs. If that had actually happened, much more would have been made of it.

Well I remember seeing it. No idea if it was a story or a reel (don’t understand insta that well.)

How many goals did he score against us total in his career? 6?7?

I also remember it was posted pretty late at night so maybe he had been on the beer.

20 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I’m certain someone posted it on his thread if there is a way to search for Instagram links.

Dunno mate, it would have been all over Twitter if he'd done that but I can't see anything.

All I can see is this:

And that is indeed a reel reshared from Liverpool's account. I think he might have added that cringe emoji to try and wind us up though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Dunno mate, it would have been all over Twitter if he'd done that but I can't see anything.

All I can see is this:

And that is indeed a reel reshared from Liverpool's account. I think he might have added that cringe emoji to try and wind us up though.

He added that emoji like he was some teenage academy player that was released by the club after scoring 30 goals or something, and not a grown ass manager who stunk up the league for 6 months and was sacked after 4 wins in 21 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

All I can see is this:

Whatever it was, it was f'ing lame like his management "style."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea, he made it much bigger for the home team and added the new lockers/privacy boxes etc etc.  

spacer.png 

So, you're saying he has a future? 

• Haha 1

Â