Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Getting criticized by Gabby now said we are boring to watch and he wouldnt pay to watch us, bloody hell you know its bad when Gabby thinks your shit though he said he shouldnt be sacked just change his tactics

• Haha 3

I really don’t know anymore than Stevie G does when confronted by a tactics board but I think the delay is probably more about his successor than him being ditched. 

There could be any number of contractual reasons buried deep in lawyer speak either on the incumbent’s side or even Gerrard’s. Equally we’re employing a human being with all the complications that come along in everyday life. Wife, kids, school, houses etc. If anyone in any job moves to another company it usually takes more than a few days to even decide given all the human factors involved on top of the actual job. 

Well that’s what I’m comforting myself with today anyway. 

My biggest biggest fear is that the owners are not aware of how much of a predicament we are in and gerrard is safe or that purslow is scared to pull the trigger… and also not knowing how awful the performances have been and only hearing about results

Edited by RicRic

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

@El Segundo has echoed exactly how it should be .. there should be no further discussion after reading his statement earlier… he should be gone with immediate effect and we need to start a new era with someone else its plain and simple 

What statement and by who?

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What even is the point of giving him the Chelsea game other than to sort out his replacement in the background? What's going to happen in that 1 game that will drastically alter his and our trajectory? We going to beat them 5-0 or something? Purslow constantly lengthening the rope for his boy is annoying as hell. Just accept it man.

Would it make any difference if we beat them 5-0, not for me. He's already gone as far as I'm concerned, just awaiting the new manager signatures 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Would it make any difference if we beat them 5-0, not for me. He's already gone as far as I'm concerned, just awaiting the new manager signatures 

If I didn't catch any of the game and just saw the score hours later my initial response would be **** hell what did Chelsea do

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If we beat them 5-0 then he won't be sacked.

So now Gabby aka Mr Aston Villa doesn’t want to watch us because we’re so boring. A sentiment shared by most of the country at the moment. Our captain said he would turn the TV off had been been watching the Leeds game. 

I’m afraid that Gerrard’s continued employment here is doing the club some real harm. This is at a time when we’re planning to increase the ground capacity. If this goes on much longer we won’t be filling the ground with its current capacity. Leaving aside the effect it’s having on us the fans and the dwindling enthusiasm to attend games, any chance of selling corporate packages as a form of corporate ENTERTAINMENT, will soon be harder than selling a weekend in Moscow. I can’t imagine our sponsors are particularly thrilled either. Unless we have any interest from a company selling insomnia cures. 

We don't do better against the top 6 with Gerrard.

Maybe we don't get plastered by them but since Gerrard has taken over, we have played the Sky 6 10 times for a total of 2 points (draw vs United and draw vs City) with 9 goals for and 21 goals against.

vs the other 14 we have 42 points from 26 games with 36 goals for and 24 goals against.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Maybe we don't get plastered by them but since Gerrard has taken over, we have played the Sky 6 10 times for a total of 2 points (draw vs United and draw vs City) with 9 goals for and 21 goals against.

vs the other 14 we have 42 points from 26 games with 36 goals for and 24 goals against.

We are hopeless against the top 10. He truly is the new Bruce. Any team above him in the table and he goes full clamshell. No belief.

In the 20/21 season we picked up 16 points from 12 games against the traditional top 6. The only teams we failed to beat that season were the Manchester clubs, and by my recollection we got ****'d over by VAR in 2 of those games. 3 points out of 6 against Liverpool and Spurs, 4/6 against Chelsea and 6/6 against Arsenal. What I'd give to be a threat against the top teams again.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

We got more points vs them last season under Smith in just 2 games than in all the trainees game against them so far combined

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We got more points vs them last season under Smith in just 2 games than in all the trainees game against them so far combined

Even in our survival season we got 4 points against them, and some good performances with the likes of Trezeguet and Wesley up front (Arsenal and Spurs away)

Â