Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, daft said:

So if he faked his degree and experience you just go 'oh well'?

Because that is implied with Gerrard. That he has NO CLUE, is a fraud. If I hired someone like that, I'd be put the door in a minute.

He didn't fake it. He has his coaching badges and he didn't fake his experience, he was manager of Rangers and Liverpool u23/youth. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

He didn't fake it. He has his coaching badges and he didn't fake his experience, he was manager of Rangers and Liverpool u23/youth. 

AHA! so the little Scouse **** has a clue after all!? You lying bastards, I knew it!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

But then...Deano won 10 in a row, and got promoted, and stayed up, and got us to a cup final.

At that point...you say ah ok Deano has been good for us. I was wrong. Don't even have to say anything, just accept you were wrong, it's ok.

I can't speak for them if they ever existed... but if we were top of the table now and looking like title contenders, playing great football every game. Anyone saying no Gerrard is shit would be wrong. And an idiot. And to be ignored.

The fact is we are playing poorly, look like one of the three worst teams in the league.

Frankly I think there's more that were happy with Gerrard that have now gone the other way based on what they've seen.

Anyone still saying nope, Gerrard is the man I would love to know why.

Do you have any thoughts? Not seen anything to change my mind this season.

For reference, I was one of the people who had reservations before we signed him, and frankly it ended up playing out exactly as I feared. But in the beginning there I was fully on the Gerrard train. From November to January it was just lovely stuff. Life was good. My worries washed away. Then the wheels slowly fell off and he hasn't really recovered. We now have more data, a bigger picture. It's okay to adjust your opinion based on more information. He's just about teetering over the edge of whether or not he can save this. A win against West Ham and we're back on track. A loss and you fear it's all over.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I swear the Villa job is the club equivalent of managing Englang. He's visibly aged in 12 moon, poor sod.

Graveyard for managers here! 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, daft said:

That said, I'd love to have a manager that actually makes it enjoyable to support us. 

**** this noice.

I enjoy supporting the club. 

Its just a game at the end of the day and not that important. Why let it ruin your mood? You can't control it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Absolutely yes - and how I wish I shared your optimism.

unfortunately I fear his tenure here is doomed to end in failure.

Personally I can’t help but see shades of the Bruce ball era - poor fayre on show - disjointed tactics, unable to get the best out of certain players.

I really feel it’s just a matter of time.

I agree that the likelihood is that it will not work out the same. But, I am fully prepared to give SG a chance to try and prove himself this season. I know my example is an extreme one but SAF was probably more hated at the time than SG is at Villa now 🤣

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I enjoy supporting the club. 

Its just a game at the end of the day and not that important. Why let it ruin your mood? You can't control it. 

Very true. It sort of gets to me reading the wall to wall negativity where everything is painted in black. 

To me, the logical conclusion becomes that if he is as bad as described it reflects very poorly on how this organization is run. And I don’t want that to be true.

Currently watching this interview with Neville and Ten Haag, some interesting stuff in there 

Neville asked him if he blames something like Brentford on the plan, or on the failure of the players to implement the plan 

He said, " When they aren't even doing the basics right, it's not even about a plan anymore " . Lol

Seems this is how we might often feel, and how our Managers must feel alot of the time lol.

He also said there's always going to be ups and big downs with new way of playing, new players etc etc.

EDIT: He's such an awkward guy he almost makes me feel uncomfortable.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bless you.  I bet you still believe in santa claus well. 

If Santa Claus doesn't come down the chimney this Christmas I'm blocking you  😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yup. I am Gerrard in but this is 100% correct. 

Just imagine if say Pep or Klopp took over that team I find it very difficult to imagine we would have had similar results after 9 or so months.

I am still hopeful for West Ham.  I believe Gerrard is an intelligent man who is capable of improving and capable of change. Now he has seen the fan reaction and the heat is high I believe he will do the right thing and adjust his tactics and in game management. We shall see if I am proven be to an idiot (again) this weekend.

How has he seen the heat is on? I’ve been out all day have I missed something?

Â