Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

24 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I’d like to see Bailey starting against Luton, let’s get into them from the off!

13 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yep I also think it's time to start Bailey in the league. 

That’s all fine but who does he come in for?  Not Ollie, not Diaby, not Zaniolo, not McGinn, not Dougie or Kamara…I don’t think he’s ahead of any of them or any of them deserved to lose their place.  Maybe, argue rotation I suppose to keep players fresh for the whole season but otherwise while he’s playing well so are the others I’ve mentioned.

Emery seemed to try to use him en Diaby's striker role, which Bailey struggled with, combined with low confidence from a tough start to Villa life, a victim to Gerrards tenure and injuries, it's no wonder he struggled. Hopefully he kicks on from here and becomes the player he is capable of becoming

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s all fine but who does he come in for?  Not Ollie, not Diaby, not Zaniolo, not McGinn, not Dougie or Kamara…I don’t think he’s ahead of any of them or any of them deserved to lose their place.  Maybe, argue rotation I suppose to keep players fresh for the whole season but otherwise while he’s playing well so are the others I’ve mentioned.

i could easily see him rotated for Zaniolo if we want to setup a different way. Bailey certainly more useful if we want a goal.

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i could easily see him rotated for Zaniolo if we want to setup a different way. Bailey certainly more useful if we want a goal.

Fair enough! I’d rather start with Zaniolo and bring on Bailey later in the game when I feel he’s been more effective.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough! I’d rather start with Zaniolo and bring on Bailey later in the game when I feel he’s been more effective.

yeah i think the same, especially at home he seems great at stretching defences.

I just dont quite see Zaniolo as the same as the others you listed. Bailey in a front 3 can be useful in a game where we want lots of width. 

Zaniolo seems brilliant when were stretched as he get the space between midfield and forwards. Not sure what to expect tonight tbh

• Like 2

Â