Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Hopefully it's last time we see him in a Villa shirt, anyone who defends him , you are not a villa fan

Stupid comment, you are NOT a Villa if you don’t defend him 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Did it get so much better after he was substituted? 

the whole team has been awful 

It got so so much worse. That's the funny thing. Him coming off killed us. Once he was off they ignored everyone else and doubled up on Diaby.

Because he came off we lost the midfield battle. We had zero width in attack and no space for our attackers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He wasn't the worse player on the pitch - but I don't understand how we have gone from - one wide player and one striker - with either AJ or Buendia providing a forward counter attacking threat (and sometimes McGinn).

To Bailey and Diaby playing together, which i'm not saying couldn't work, but presently we look all out of balance and did in preseason when they both played.

I don’t like shitting on individual players, especially when it becomes fashionable to single out a particular player as the root of the problem with what is a team performance.

But whereas most players showed moments of excellence, and have some credit in the bank from last season, I just don’t think Bailey looks like ever being a key player for us.

He’s so poor defensively, looks unfit, and the moments of attacking brilliance are few and far between. How many decent performances has he had in a Villa shirt? Probably 2 or 3? It’s not looking good for him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I don’t like shitting on individual players, especially when it becomes fashionable to single out a particular player as the root of the problem with what is a team performance.

But whereas most players showed moments of excellence, and have some credit in the bank from last season, I just don’t think Bailey looks like ever being a key player for us.

He’s so poor defensively, looks unfit, and the moments of attacking brilliance are few and far between. How many decent performances has he had in a Villa shirt? Probably 2 or 3? It’s not looking good for him.

He has zero physical strength, it's like getting a ball off a five year old, if he could improve this side of his game he could be one hell of a player

Edited by VillanousOne

I’m really surprised Unai went with him today given he’s been so poor for so long and did nothing in pre season. Arguably JPB earned his place over bailey in any case and coutinho should also have been an option given the more obvious Buendia replacement.

If he’s gonna start Bailey I think he should at least consider swapping him with diaby so that diaby is on the wing and bailey’s up front. Baileys only strength is his finishing and he has very limited on ball composure/ability 

Â