Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's almost setting himself up for trolling / failure here, unless it comes to fruition.

At this point I'd much rather see posts of him in the gym.

Exactly. Less talk, more walk. Show us on match days.

I think he will do better this season. The 5 subs rule will see him get regular minutes and allow him some breathing  room to get a handle on the intensity of the league. Has the potential to be a Villa assassin. 

40 minutes ago, messi11 said:

image.thumb.png.f91212b7fc12c4a34e6cf2f08bb3a5c7.png

Hopefully we see the £85 million Rated Bailey this season 

When I saw that headline I thought about how quickly things change. It’s not impossible we’ll read stories about how Darwin Nuñez is trying to get back to his Portugal form, or how Haaland is finding it hard to fit into Pep’s machine. Only 12 months ago, Lukaku was considered top 3 of strikers on the planet.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

image.thumb.png.f91212b7fc12c4a34e6cf2f08bb3a5c7.png

Hopefully we see the £85 million Rated Bailey this season 

Mind you, this is the same guy, some would have you believe, was signed from the shed in the press conference 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

He’s gonna have to adapt his game if he’s to be successful here, and I’m sure he knows that. He isn’t going to get to play out wide right in a front three, he’s going to be competing for a spot to play alongside Coutinho as a number 10. 

He (supposedly) has pace, which is something I think the team lacks, so I’m hoping he comes good. Personally, I don’t see it working out for him here. 

He should obviously be a great option to come on and hurt teams late in a game but I also see him being a tactical option to help overload on either side of the pitch depending on how the opposition is fairing against Coutinho and Buendia.

I think he allows us to switch effectively from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1, sacrificing one of the 8s and pushing one of PC/EB further inside. 

I wouldn't be so rigid and expect them to shift to a no.10, but rather let them double up on a flank which we see as a weakness to exploit.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Booooo the Gif Maker!

Btw…

do you think Leon could do well at CF at times? Supported by Coutinho and Buendia?

Just assuming you’ve seen so much more of him than I have but when we signed him I really felt that we were getting a genuine superstar (or a player with the potential to be one) that would be such an attacking threat…

Wondering where exactly he could fit in the side, the only options seem to be in one of the no. 10 positions (seeing as we don’t play with wingers but please don’t take Buendia’s place!) or even a different option up front. His pace would be an asset on the counter attack and maybe he’d be better at one on ones than someone like Watkins has been…

I do expect a hell of a lot more from Ollie and Ings this season though… maybe even Archer if he’s kept on and not loaned out…

Leon could offer us something different though…

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Btw…

do you think Leon could do well at CF at times? Supported by Coutinho and Buendia?

Just assuming you’ve seen so much more of him than I have but when we signed him I really felt that we were getting a genuine superstar (or a player with the potential to be one) that would be such an attacking threat…

Wondering where exactly he could fit in the side, the only options seem to be in one of the no. 10 positions (seeing as we don’t play with wingers but please don’t take Buendia’s place!) or even a different option up front. His pace would be an asset on the counter attack and maybe he’d be better at one on ones than someone like Watkins has been…

I do expect a hell of a lot more from Ollie and Ings this season though… maybe even Archer if he’s kept on and not loaned out…

Leon could offer us something different though…

Ollie and Ings make that pretty much impossible anyway.

IMO the only way I could see him thrive as a forward in the PL, is if we start playing a more swashbuckling or carve opponents open type game ala Man City or Liverpool.

He thrives off of exploiting space.

He has a very good shot on him as well.

Not strong enough to be battling it out up front on his own as a CF in the PL IMO, I'd wince everytime he got hacked down.

Furthest forward he can succeed, for me, is behind the strikers, or as a second striker, defo not as a CF. with protection in front and around him so he can run into space and get shots off.

A couple of his best games for Jamaica actually came from playing inside Right Midfielder, in a midfield 5, where he would overlap with the right winger at times.

I'd love to see a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with him, Buendia and Coutinho interchanging and wreaking havoc behind a striker.

Dreaded solid " Double Pivot " or whatever behind them, Luiz and Kamara? Or Kamara and another strong midfielder?

In form, that attacking support  trio present very awkward and differing threats.

We'll have a clearer picture of what the playing plans are as we get closer to season I guess.

If the system will remain the same, he'll simply have to battle it out for a place as one of the 10's.

We'll see!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â