Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Biggest waste of it. At least Buendia shows some promise and Ings is fine. But Bailey is useless.

WTF did we blow the money on two right wingers and striker?  Why didnt get sign a proper grealish replacement LW

15 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Biggest waste of it. At least Buendia shows some promise and Ings is fine. But Bailey is useless.

Ings has scored five goals all season, how is that "fine" for 30m striker?!

Ollie's been poor aswell but he should make double figures which is o.k in scoring charts at least.

Edited by VillaChris

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

WTF did we blow the money on two right wingers and striker?  Why didnt get sign a proper grealish replacement LW

Well we sort of targeted Smith Rowe but he obviously used us to get a new long term deal out of Arsenal and I doubt he's woken up once in last six months and regretted that.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he's come here for the pay day the PL and to kick on and get a move to a bigger club. It's not going to happen.  He's well off. He'll be back in Germany.

His hype curve peaked around 2018 didn’t it? Back then he was inofficially valued at 80m and looked at by Liverpool and whatnot. When he finally came to the Prem last summer Villa were the only ones still after him. He obviously has talent but I get the feeling he thinks he’s a little too good to have to work hard.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

His hype curve peaked around 2018 didn’t it? Back then he was inofficially valued at 80m and looked at by Liverpool and whatnot. When he finally came to the Prem last summer Villa were the only ones still after him. He obviously has talent but I get the feeling he thinks he’s a little too good to have to work hard.

Yeah he's not good enough for one of the top teams in this league but he did have good stats in Bundesliga for CL/europa team so logical a club like us looking to start to move into clutch of teams competing for those positions should sign him.

Last season he scored 14 goals for Leverkusen in Bundesliga and europa so why shouldn't we be looking at that type of player? And given Patrick Shick scored a good amount I imagine a few assists aswell.

Also was 23 when we signed him so more than fits the age profile we constantly demand on this forum considering the stick Gerrard is getting for his signings.

Ultimately he completely lost any momentum from the great Everton cameo and never got it back given he barely played from October-March.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Looks lightweight to me (at the moment) perhaps he needs a preseason.

However I'm not sure he will get it, think he might be surplus to Gerrard's requirements after a few more players are signed.

He’ll be hard to shift if we don’t want a massive loss.

We do love to have wingers who isolate themselves on the pitch. Team players are needed rather than do it for myself players.

Bailey needs to understand if cash goes on the overlap and he doesn't use him, cash is then half a pitch out of position. So when Bailey inevitably loses the ball by ignoring the overlap the opponents every time pass it down that side and set up an attack.

It's not rocket science.

• Like 1

Â