Bristol City vs Aston Villa - 31.07.21 @13:00

MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i think with Ramsey, he is a tidy player, but he doesnt seem to have any defence cutting passes in his arsenal, which tbh is a major draw back for a player in the CAM role.

they have only been playing 24 mins

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i think with Ramsey, he is a tidy player, but he doesnt seem to have any defence cutting passes in his arsenal, which tbh is a major draw back for a player in the CAM role.

He's very much still learning thankfully.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's not a meltdown to make valid observations about poor planning and spreading a threadbare squad (in certain areas) much too thin. It's tempting fate.

I am sitting here wondering what makes you better at planning pre-seasons friendlies than the experts? They are obviously spreading a threadbare squad because everyone needs to play, that is what friendlies are for. What good does it do for fitness to have players sitting on the bench, they obviously need 90minutes.

You cannot not play friendlies, as you are scared of getting injuries, that makes no sense.

The meltdown comment wasn't solely aimed at you (even though I only quoted you), it was merely a response to an over reaction on here, to how we are lining up in two friendlies. ´

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

El Ghazi doing El Ghazi things.. I was so much happier a few days ago when I thought he was off and getting replaced by Bailey. 

I just realised he was playing.  Just said to the lad, we've had 2 excellent moves down the left, neither of which involved him. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I just realised he was playing.  Just said to the lad, we've had 2 excellent moves down the left, neither of which involved him. 

if we end up losing Jack, and El Ghazi starts in the first prem match im gonna scream.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We're not in Kansas anymore

I'm sure I saw a player playing in Ruby slippers just then. If not it's a matter of time. 

I love El Ghazi but his general play outside of finishing leaves so much to be desired, pretty frustrating how often moves break down with him. Handy squad player but that needs to be the extent of it for me, particularly with Jack (maybe) leaving it becomes an area of the pitch to address. Puts it in perspective when a young lad like JPB is so comfortable in possession comparatively. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indigo said:

I love El Ghazi but his general play outside of finishing leaves so much to be desired, pretty frustrating how often moves break down with him. Handy squad player but that needs to be the extent of it for me, particularly with Jack (maybe) leaving it becomes an area of the pitch to address. Puts it in perspective when a young lad like JPB is so comfortable in possession comparatively. 

Agreed. I'll be seriously depressed if we go into the PL season with AEG starting LWF. He's a bench option at best tbh.

Â