Bristol City vs Aston Villa - 31.07.21 @13:00

MaVilla

Just now, est1874 said:

Hopefully. Just don't feel a lot of hope oozing out of the club last few weeks so I'm starting to fear the worst.

Well then, focus on the first part of that tweet, we won and Louie Barry scored, chin up pal.

This is where you see the need for Dougie's skillet in that area of the pitch. They press high and Villa have little answer as Marvelous can only go backwards. 

Nice move for the goal saying that, if aided by the ball almost definitely being out of play.😂

We are doing Ok today, not been 100% on the ball, but we have been clinical and taken our chances when presented. Bristol are playing like we did in the Stoke game, they just look too pedestrian. I think i would have liked to have seen Emi B in this game, but I am confident that he will more than step up to the plate and be one of the main men for us next season regardless.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

This is where you see the need for Dougie's skillet in that area of the pitch. They press high and Villa have little answer as Marvelous can only go backwards. 

Nice move for the goal saying that, if aided by the ball almost definitely being out of play.😂

I always feel that Dougie plays best when teams don't press us. He is best when they sit back and he has the freedom of the park. Dougie often hides when teams press us , and Jack finds spaces to link the build up play. Imo this is Dougies main weakness. together with getting pushed off the ball.

Sounds like another game where Davis and Wes do **** all. 

We really aren't prepared for a European push at all this season. Huge holes still in this squad. 

Glad some of the kids are looking good. 

Young has looked classy throughout - he's going to be a big asset.

JPB has looked comfortable and confident - scoring in pre-season games will be doing him a world of good.

Watkins looks strong and sharp.

All good.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sounds like another game where Davis and Wes do **** all. 

We really aren't prepared for a European push at all this season. Huge holes still in this squad. 

Glad some of the kids are looking good. 

Thats it blame players who aren't playing 

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tell you what, we just ping balls up front to nowhere, you see Bristol intelligently playing balls and passes, and we are just pinging balls in hope, urgh.

we are playing very much like Leicester a few years ago. Long balls to Vardy

Â