Draft Fantasy Football 2021-22

tomsky_11

I only made about 5 transfers all season but I'm stacked with 8 players that are City & Pool.

I think the H2H format is less engaging and people are likely to forget about their teams after a while. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I only made about 5 transfers all season but I'm stacked with 8 players that are City & Pool.

I think the H2H format is less engaging and people are likely to forget about their teams after a while. 

I've never been that keen on the H2H format unless it's a league where you know everyone and the banter is there. Apart from that I much prefer normal scoring. 

On 07/05/2022 at 04:48, Shomin Geki said:

Last post January 21st!?  Oh my.  Anyway, the season is almost over.  I almost want Thomas to snatch it at the end just for the Agueroness of it all.  But then I'd probably feel stupidly rubbish.  Whilst I've not done a great deal of commentating on this sub I have thoroughly enjoyed this season.  I'd very much like to get a big boy league of 8 for next season.

I wonder how the other, proper, league is doing?

image.png.0c9a22d21c0ce25686723e36e6d01cd4.png

Looks like ours is done. 7 point gap with three to play for the title.

On 07/05/2022 at 16:20, Rds1983 said:

Went from being incredibly tight at one point (top 5 were about 2 points apart) to a clear winner and I suspect a few sleeping teams (mine included to be honest as only checking it occasionally to make sure I'm not bottom 2). Screenshot_20220507_161814.thumb.jpg.cf16f812b4c2cc2b436337a79ed81d58.jpg

Looks like just the last relegation place to decide here. @lp_villa830 failing to live up to his team name and could still avoid relegation with strong finish.

On 07/05/2022 at 20:31, Rds1983 said:

I've never been that keen on the H2H format unless it's a league where you know everyone and the banter is there. Apart from that I much prefer normal scoring.

No problem changing to normal scoring next year if that’s the consensus. 

• 2 weeks later...

Final results from Division 1 then:

Division-1.png

Congrats to @AndyM3000, a fine season accomplished primarily by the sensible tactic of 'getting as many Man City players as possible' 😉

Quite happy with my mid-table palindromic record; I feel 4th is a reasonable result having drafted 8th. 

On next season, I have to admit that I do prefer the head to head scoring; I find all this nonsense about 'chips' and whatever to be really off-putting, and I like that head to head is about playing the week not playing the scoreboard. However, if the consensus is to do traditional, I'll go along with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LancsVillan said:

@HanoiVillanthis was set up specifically to use H2H scoring if it gors tovtrsditional its jist another fantasy league

Admittedly I quit even looking at it before Xmas when games were getting called off with no chance to make changes 

Yeah, that's what I mean - I don't particularly enjoy the traditional scoring system; the head to head adds a little bit more chance.

I do agree with you that the covid cancellations were a nightmare, and caused a lot of bad gameweeks. Hopefully that won't be an issue next season!

Cheers. Yeah just load up with City and Pool players and most weeks you'll get 3 points.

I'm happy to stick with the H2H format, I do think it requires a different team set up than the traditional game which I didn't even consider at the start of the season, I think I lucked into a good team really.

Less covid issues next season will make things a lot better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/05/2022 at 18:53, LancsVillan said:

@HanoiVillanthis was set up specifically to use H2H scoring if it gors to traditional its just another fantasy league

Admittedly I quit even looking at it before Xmas when games were getting called off with no chance to make changes 

I agree. I prefer H2H if it's with other VTers.

We only had 6 teams in Div. 2 this past season, so we need to recruit more managers. Maybe plant the seed now to get 4 more who don't mind starting in Div. 2?

Â