Draft Fantasy Football 2021-22

tomsky_11

Everyone in VT2 should now have the code.

VT2 draft is set for this Thursday at 8pm. Let me know if ok for this or not, as can still move it if majority cannot make this time.

We should also now have 9 teams in VT2 once everyone has joined, so would be ideal if we could get one more team if anyone else wants to join?

I'm all set for the draft tomorrow at eight.  If I may ask two questions:

1.  What happens if we don't have all eight players take part in the draft?

2.  I see that we're going 'Head to Head'.  For previous players what's the advantages of this mode against the other?  Does it result in a better game?

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Shomin Geki said:

2.  I see that we're going 'Head to Head'.  For previous players what's the advantages of this mode against the other?  Does it result in a better game?

Thank you.

1) If a competitor doesn't attend the draft, the website will 'auto-pick' for them, by choosing the highest-placed player on its ranked list of players. This will normally not lead to a disastrous team, though there is a risk of getting injured players or someone with an excellent prior record who is now not picked (think Dele Alli for example). The main problem for other players is just that it slows the process down a bit as the time ticks down.

2) The advantage of head to head is that it reduces the salience of the initial draft, and rewards active play throughout the season. If a league is set up to be decided by overall score, then a player who (perhaps because of a favourable draft order) gets the best players in the draft can simply not change their team, rack up the scores, and cruise to an easy victory without even changing their team. With head to head, if a team has a bad draft, they can rescue it more easily by picking a team suited to each individual gameweek.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

1) If a competitor doesn't attend the draft, the website will 'auto-pick' for them, by choosing the highest-placed player on its ranked list of players. This will normally not lead to a disastrous team, though there is a risk of getting injured players or someone with an excellent prior record who is now not picked (think Dele Alli for example). The main problem for other players is just that it slows the process down a bit as the time ticks down.

2) The advantage of head to head is that it reduces the salience of the initial draft, and rewards active play throughout the season. If a league is set up to be decided by overall score, then a player who (perhaps because of a favourable draft order) gets the best players in the draft can simply not change their team, rack up the scores, and cruise to an easy victory without even changing their team. With head to head, if a team has a bad draft, they can rescue it more easily by picking a team suited to each individual gameweek.

To add to the first point:

- if you know you are unable to attend the draft, you can create your own watchlist and then the highest available player on your watchlist will be picked instead.

- once a player runs out of time on their pick the game will recognise them as inactive until/unless they say otherwise, so the further picks will be taken automatically without running down the timer and therefore will not slow the draft down

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shomin Geki said:

Thank you.

As it stands, we only have three teams in VT2, so looking unlikely draft will be tonight unless other six teams can join today. Also aware that one of the three that has joined cannot make the draft tonight either.

I think we are missing @maqroll, @avfcDJ, @villaluke, @dont_do_it_doug., @andykeenan, @bobzy . Could you join today if possible please or let me know if issue with draft time.

Depend on who can join when, options are:

- If remaining six teams able to join today:

• we can still go ahead at scheduled time tonight (8pm UK)
  • or we could move the time tonight if this allows more teams to actively draft and still complete draft in time for season start

- If not all the teams are able to join today, we will have to postpone draft until:

• tomorrow either daytime or early evening UK time, prior to the first game
  • after the first week of fixtures, so we'll only have 37 rounds of games
  • after gameweek two which, if we have 9 (or 10) teams as expected, would mean everyone plays everyone else an equal number of times (4) in the 36 rounds
  • after gameweek three which would give equal games if we only end up with 7/8 teams, and we also be post transfer deadline, meaning all new signings would be available to pick

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

As it stands, we only have three teams in VT2, so looking unlikely draft will be tonight unless other six teams can join today. Also aware that one of the three that has joined cannot make the draft tonight either.

I think we are missing @maqroll, @avfcDJ, @villaluke, @dont_do_it_doug., @andykeenan, @bobzy . Could you join today if possible please or let me know if issue with draft time.

Depend on who can join when, options are:

- If remaining six teams able to join today:

• we can still go ahead at scheduled time tonight (8pm UK)
  • or we could move the time tonight if this allows more teams to actively draft and still complete draft in time for season start

- If not all the teams are able to join today, we will have to postpone draft until:

• tomorrow either daytime or early evening UK time, prior to the first game
  • after the first week of fixtures, so we'll only have 37 rounds of games
  • after gameweek two which, if we have 9 (or 10) teams as expected, would mean everyone plays everyone else an equal number of times (4) in the 36 rounds
  • after gameweek three which would give equal games if we only end up with 7/8 teams, and we also be post transfer deadline, meaning all new signings would be available to pick

I have joined 😀 😀

Â