Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To score the Conference League final winner.

Then Ming's back on the final day of the season as an 89th minute sub to head in the goal which secures us Champions League.

Quite the prediction 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We all have different opinions but Buendia goes straight in for me even with everyone fit.

Buendia just offers way too much flair. You cannot not play him

I’d be surprised. He didn’t start all the time at the end of last season in the great run for Europe and obviously not in this run this season either. So we can not play him and still do pretty well. 

If everyone is fit you dropping McGinn, Ramsey or Diaby to get him in the side? 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I’d be surprised. He didn’t start all the time at the end of last season in the great run for Europe and obviously not in this run this season either. So we can not play him and still do pretty well. 

If everyone is fit you dropping McGinn, Ramsey or Diaby to get him in the side? 

Definitely McGinn out of those 3

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We all have different opinions but Buendia goes straight in for me even with everyone fit.

Buendia just offers way too much flair. You cannot not play him

Fair but not one I think Emery agreed with if the end of last season is anything to go by. 

I think our strongest 11 is Sundays team with Ramsey in for Zaniola and Moreno in for Digne.

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair but not one I think Emery agreed with if the end of last season is anything to go by. 

I think our strongest 11 is Sundays team with Ramsey in for Zaniola and Moreno in for Digne.

This for me when everyone is fit:

....................Martinez................

Cash..........Konsa...Pau.....Moreno

..............Kamara...Luiz....................

Buendia...............................Ramsey

.............Diaby.....Watkins....................

Team would be absolutely frightening and I'd back them against anyone in the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This for me when everyone is fit:

....................Martinez................

Cash..........Konsa...Pau.....Moreno

..............Kamara...Luiz....................

Buendia...............................Ramsey

.............Diaby.....Watkins....................

Team would be absolutely frightening and I'd back them against anyone in the world.

You’re dropping McGinn yeh?

😂

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Absolutely. Although I do think Digne has done very well this season. Be interesting when Moreno is back fit. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’re dropping McGinn yeh?

😂

I do.

McGinn is a decent player but doesn't really score a lot of goals. And considering how much higher up he is playung under Emery I expect better output from him. As an example, Ramsey play a similar role on the other side but scores way more goals. We need more goals from all midfielders if we want to challenge.

Buendia is just a better footballer and gives us more.

Edited by Pinebro

Just now, Pinebro said:

I do.

McGinn is a decent player but doesn't really score a lot of goals.

Buendia is just a better footballer and gives us more.

Nah. 

Buendia couldn’t get in the side ahead of Bailey at the back end of last season so he has no chance with Ramsey fully fit and with Zaniolo here.

Our best XI pretty much picks itself. McGinn is a far better player than Buendia with Emery and every manager before him agreeing. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Nah. 

Buendia couldn’t get in the side ahead of Bailey at the back end of last season so he has no chance with Ramsey fully fit and with Zaniolo here.

Our best XI pretty much picks itself. McGinn is a far better player than Buendia with Emery and every manager before him agreeing. 

1 goal in 9 games

Is that good enough for a player who plays this high up the field?

McGinn even said himself before the season he expected to score more goals.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nah. 

I have to agree with this. McGinn drives the team. He always has to start. 

Buendia is a good player but better off the bench in my opinion. Seems to thrive more when the opposition have tired a bit and more space is available.

My caveat to strongest team earlier when everyone is fit is I would start Mings against stronger teams where we would be expected to do a lot more defending and play on the break.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to agree with this. McGinn drives the team. He always has to start. 

Buendia is a good player but better off the bench in my opinion. Seems to thrive more when the opposition have tired a bit and more space is available.

My caveat to strongest team earlier when everyone is fit is I would start Mings against stronger teams where we would be expected to do a lot more defending and play on the break.

Buendia is just as tenacious as McGinn is.

It's just less notable due to his small size

As stated I expect more goals and assists from McGinn than he is providing us.

Edited by Pinebro

Â