Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Such a weird performance from him today. Did so so well every time up until the final ball, where you'd think he was hallucinating or something as he kept on passing to players who didn't exist. 

• Like 1

Just now, WHY said:

Fully expect him along with a few others to be a squad player next season. 

My thoughts exactly.  Hw does all thw good bits then when het gets in the opposition box he plays like a conference player. The times he makes the right decision he pulls a worldie of the opposition keeper

Just a shame he rarely does it

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My thoughts exactly.  Hw does all thw good bits then when het gets in the opposition box he plays like a conference player. The times he makes the right decision he pulls a worldie of the opposition keeper

Just a shame he rarely does it

I’ve never been a fan and will never be convinced by him. There a lot of fans who think he’s brilliant, it’s like they completely forget he’s our great clubs record signing. Not good enough to be a starter for where we want to be. Emery is no mug. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

I thought he was dreadful, as he has been far too often lately. Lightweight, slow, and doesn't really excel at anything. Isn't a striker, isn't quick enough to be a winger, and drops too deep to be a proper number 10. Has the odd nice long pass on him, but most of the rest of the time his passing is too wayward. And he's a stroppy little sod who thinks he's better than he is.

Sell.

That's one hell of an extreme opinion, and very strange that you picked long passing out as one of his strengths.

He’s never really shown that he’s good enough to start for us and at £40m I think he probably was overpriced but he has always looked pretty lively from the bench. I suspect he will still be around next season and having a positive influence from the bench, when we need a spark.

Ironically, we could have done with someone like him, to bring off the bench, in each of the last two games. That’s where his value lies.

Involved constantly and had some really good touches in the build up and in the wolves' box...unfortunately, he didn't get the final pass right.

Sa pulled off a great save that stopped him having a goal today. Out most likely outlet. 

On 05/05/2023 at 22:57, Keyblade said:

Seems to be one of Emery's favourite players. I'd be surprised if he were replaced.

Replaced?  No.  In the starting XI each week?  Also no.  I think he's going to be a good player to be bringing on later in matches when space is opening up.  I think it is almost certain that we will bring in another CM and an attacking player (possibly 2).  That will leave McGinn, JJ and Buendia competing for the final midfield place.  I can't see any of them being picked ahead of Kamara, Luiz, Ollie, new AM, new CM (form, injury and suspension willing).  But that does give us some pretty good depth and some serious options to mix things up depending on the opposition.  Also still enough of a carrot to try and get the best out of all the players. 

pops up with the odd goal, i like him but it looks like he will never be the player he was at norwich here unfortunately. not sure why, but he was a real menace there with goals and assists, he adds value to us as a team but i dont think will ever be able to hit those heights again.

Â