Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Why Did Steve Carell Leave 'The Office'? The Reason Steve Carell Left After  Season 7, Explained| The Mary Sue

Emi Buendia
It’s never a great look for a No.10 to have no shots, create no chances and complete no dribbles in a game. That was Buendia’s lowest pass completion rate (56.3%) in a Premier League match since June 2020, when he made just 47.8% of his passes for Norwich in a 3-0 defeat to Southampton, and his highest amount of miscontrols (four) in one game since December 2021.

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-winners-losers-wolves-leeds-selles-blasted-brighton-bournemouth

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d sell if a decent offer came in for him in the Summer

Why?

He still has years left on his contract, has finally established as crucial part of team in last six months and we need to get Coutinho off the books given his age and wages.

Would feel a bit odd if we get to start of next season and it's Coutinho starting again ahead of Buendia.

Sell both and we need to get two playmakers in on top of another relatively proven final third attacker. Would we really have the budget for that as you're talking 100m + comfortably.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Why?

He still has years left on his contract, has finally established as crucial part of team in last six months and we need to get Coutinho off the books given his age and wages.

Would feel a bit odd if we get to start of next season and it's Coutinho starting again ahead of Buendia.

Sell both and we need to get two playmakers in on top of another relatively proven final third attacker. Would we really have the budget for that as you're talking 100m + comfortably.

Like I say, would need to be a decent offer. Doubt that happens though 

Too many injuries, lack of squad depth the team is tired, Ramsey gets a free pass, but Emi gets all the stick as usual for a bad performance and everyone else gets a free pass because of tiredness etc. Also Casemiro one of best mids in the PL

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like I say, would need to be a decent offer. Doubt that happens though 

Well yes that aswell! It's not like Real Madrid and Barca are going to be competiting to sign him and anyone in Serie A would probably want him on years loan before signing him permanently so just feels unnecessary disruption to want to sell him just on account of him having poor games like yesterday. 

Overall in 2023 he's done well so the trick now is to sign someone who's slightly better and then you have two good number 10s in the squad to rotate.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I single out Buendia even when we win. Don’t rate the bloke. 

Okay, but then I think you have to understand that that type of animus against one player is likely to put people's backs up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Okay, but then I think you have to understand that that type of animus against one player is likely to put people's backs up. 

The kind of fan everyone dreads getting a season ticket next to.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Watkins (as much as many aspects of his game give us) is not the type of striker Buendia would want in front of him.

Just look at when he had Pukki/Ings in front of him = hatfuls of goalscoring opportunities.

That said, the sloppiness has to stop. He needs to calm down and realise he doesn't have to do everything at 100mph.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

People need to cut Buendia some slack, you have to remember that no one else in the squad is on his wavelength…

Awful troll attempt as no-one has ever said that. But Luiz and Moreno certainly are ;) hence the quality linkup.

Edited by Tom13

28 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Watkins (as much as many aspects of his game give us) is not the type of striker Buendia would want in front of him.

Just look at when he had Pukki/Ings in front of him = hatfuls of goalscoring opportunities.

That said, the sloppiness has to stop. He needs to calm down and realise he doesn't have to do everything at 100mph.

Watkins who makes runs in behind all game long? I think he's fine.

Buendia losing the ball in the same way continuously and passing to the opposition is an issue he needs to sort.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Watkins who makes runs in behind all game long? I think he's fine.

Buendia losing the ball in the same way continuously and passing to the opposition is an issue he needs to sort.

Different types of runs to Ings. Hence the linkup between Buendia and Ings (and Pukki) was massively different.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

And imo that Buendia easier and more Likley to be replaced than Watkins is...

22 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I single out Buendia even when we win. Don’t rate the bloke. 

I find this hard to figure out tbh with you. Surely you see the same as everyone else does? The guy try’s his best every game to make things happen. Sometimes it’s genius and other times it doesn’t come off, but wouldn’t you want him around for those times, when a bit of magic is needed? Surely you must see this in his game?

• Like 1

It's so so counterproductive to get on any player's case - especially after such a good run.

But to over-criticise your main and almost only creative outlet is so so dumb. Because he's going to play it safe, which is exactly the opposite of his job.

He needs to be confident and free. You have to just accept such a player will be off it at times.

Bores me to tears how predictable it is from Villa fans. Always has to be a scapegoat doesn't there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Different types of runs to Ings. Hence the linkup between Buendia and Ings (and Pukki) was massively different.

Such nonsense. Look, you’ve chosen your avatar and you’re sticking by it, but blaming Watkins for Buendias poor performances, regardless of whether you rate Buendia or not, is laughable.

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I find this hard to figure out tbh with you. Surely you see the same as everyone else does? The guy try’s his best every game to make things happen. Sometimes it’s genius and other times it doesn’t come off, but wouldn’t you want him around for those times, when a bit of magic is needed? Surely you must see this in his game?

This nonsense about him making things happen and his genius… Christ, we get it, he tries a through ball every now and again. What’s that got to do with him losing the ball in his own half when under pressure?

We get he tries to make things happen, I applaud that, but that has nothing to do with him being dispossessed. 

Bang average. 

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This nonsense about him making things happen and his genius… Christ, we get it, he tries a through ball every now and again. What’s that got to do with him losing the ball in his own half when under pressure?

We get he tries to make things happen, I applaud that, but that has nothing to do with him being dispossessed. 

Bang average. 

Look at the end of the day football is quite rightly all about opinions - if you feel he is bang average, that is your rights, I’d only add that you must have seen a lot of very average footballers 👍🏻

Â