Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Awful performance today but he's crucial to our team, hopefully he's back to his best against the dingles next week 

Yep awful today, need him back to his best next week.  Just one bad day at the office.

• Like 1

One of the first players we should replace in the summer. Emery plays him every week but probably because we have no other playmaker in the team with Coutinho injured.

Buendia just cannot play in a possession team, constantly gives the ball away, and crucially never attempts to win it back. I just don't like him. Yes he may play the occasional nice through ball but he isn't good enough if we want to compete with the big boys. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He has been my least favourite player since last season..

I also think that he shouldn't have the number 10 on the back of his shirt..

I would like to see him perform better but he just lacks the basics with the ball, just shows flashes..

His best moments were coming off the bench as a rotation player, hopefully we will sign someone in that position so that he can go back to being a rotation player..

He's perfectly fine as a squad player as he has the occasional glimpses of quality, but nowhere near consistent enough throughout 90 minutes so should only be on the bench most weeks. A new number 10 in the summer is a must. 

I remember watching Lee Hendrie. Wonderful on the ball, good awareness of what was around him and some lovely link up play. Popped up with the odd screamer too.

He used to get bullied off the ball, being a smaller player, especially in the middle of the park. He could be a little inconsistent, but that was mostly when the other team was getting on top in midfield.

Oh.. and he used to cop dogs abuse on here.

Sound familiar?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, ozvillafan said:

I remember watching Lee Hendrie. Wonderful on the ball, good awareness of what was around him and some lovely link up play. Popped up with the odd screamer too.

He used to get bullied off the ball, being a smaller player, especially in the middle of the park. He could be a little inconsistent, but that was mostly when the other team was getting on top in midfield.

Sound familiar?

I don't understand your point?

Lee Hendrie is just a long list of players that were lucky to play for this club but lets be honest.. no one speaks of Hendrie as one of the best players to play for the Villa.

Just a local lad that made it..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Sound familiar?

"Yah guys stop criticizing how players play its abuse"  NO Stop crying its not abuse.

I think man yoo shackled him very well today. He needed Kamara on the pitch to get the ball to him quicker when he had a yard or two. A bit like Man Yoo with Eriksen and Ratty. They got those two involved quicker.

I feel like Dougie isn’t found as quickly and as often as Kamara. Even though he is often in space. Maybe that could have got Emi involved with more freedom that he needed. 

He does need to get back quicker when he loses it the ball though. That’s something he needs to improve upon.

Edited by Sulberto21

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Scapegoat? He played poorly, yes? 

He wasn't at his best.

But neither was Ramsey. Or Luiz in particular, who was wasteful in possession.

I doubt they'll get the amount of negative/critical posts that Buendia does - that makes him a scapegoat, no?

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Scapegoat? He played poorly, yes? 

Maybe so - but he remains the second most gifted player in our squad, and if fit he starts for me.

Also happy for him to be around next year, he might have to settle for less minutes, but can still play a huge part imo 

6 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Maybe so - but he remains the second most gifted player in our squad, and if fit he starts for me.

Also happy for him to be around next year, he might have to settle for less minutes, but can still play a huge part imo 

Agreed to an extent but the second most gifted player in our squad he is not. 

27 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

He wasn't at his best.

But neither was Ramsey. Or Luiz in particular, who was wasteful in possession.

I doubt they'll get the amount of negative/critical posts that Buendia does - that makes him a scapegoat, no?

Luiz didn't give the ball away time and again and quite frankly is a class above Buendia, Ramsey wasn't great and ran into trouble a lot but still held on to it better than Buendia.

It's fine if he occasionally gives it away in the final third if trying a difficult pass but not on the halfway line when the opposition can break away and cause us problems. It's actually quite brainless and he never seems to learn from it. 

Â