Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

35 minutes ago, MCU said:

I thought he was poor to be honest and he’s looking like the weak link in our team. His work rate is great but some of his decision making is atrocious. I feel like a lot of people are scared to criticise him and I’m not sure why? 

Because he’s our record signing and Argentinian.

I think people are desperate for him to do well, and that’s fine, but they’re letting that cloud their judgment. He’s really not that good and easily the weak link along with Bailey almost every single week. 

Whether people want to admit it or not, he’s going to drop to the bench as soon as we sign another wide player because no way Ramsey is being dropped. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MCU said:

I thought he was poor to be honest and he’s looking like the weak link in our team. His work rate is great but some of his decision making is atrocious. I feel like a lot of people are scared to criticise him and I’m not sure why? 

If there’s one thing for sure about this board, no one is scared to put out their opinion.

He has a poor game again today in terms of providing service.  However, he makes a huge contribution in other ways.  Since he’s starting regularly, we have won 5/7.

There’s a lot of invisible work that is done that he deserves some credit for.

Of course he can be upgraded, but Martinez and Kamara aside, who can’t?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think people are desperate for him to do well, and that’s fine, but they’re letting that cloud their judgment. He’s really not that good and easily the weak link along with Bailey almost every single week. 

Whether people want to admit it or not, he’s going to drop to the bench as soon as we sign another wide player because no way Ramsey is being dropped. 

In classic Villa ( the only way we know how ) we aren’t the club that buys him for peanuts from Getafe and realise he isn’t at this level. No, we are the club who  spend a fortune buying him from the club who bought him for peanuts. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2023 at 09:21, Delphinho123 said:

See this is interesting because I could say the same about Ramsey. The fact he's homegrown and has scored a couple of bangers means I think he gets a lot of leeway to his (increasingly frequent) subpar performances.

FWIW, I like both and think they will both blossom under Emery.

43 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

What are his assists?

There are non. Fake news. 

No idea what consists of an assist in the Fantasy football world.

edit: it’s a mistake in the graphic. It’s meant to be 3 clean sheets.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He just needs to slow down a little. He has great ideas and great work ethic. If we can pass the ball better to him to give him another half a second to make a decision then he will fly

Slows down a little? Jeez. He can’t get much slower if he tried!

I’m just bored because the window is coming to a close so I thought I’d fire this thread back up again. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m just bored because the window is coming to a close so I thought I’d fire this thread back up again. 

The worst is yet to come! He might start every match from here to the end of the season if he doesn't get injured.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He just needs to slow down a little. He has great ideas and great work ethic. If we can pass the ball better to him to give him another half a second to make a decision then he will fly

I think a lot of his manic decision making was on Gerrard. He's coached an awful lot of bad habits into him,  that Emery is slowly working out. 

He's getting back into goal scoring positions, and he's still pressing and forcing errors. He needs to calm the decision making down, and he'll be looking more like the player we paid a record fee for.

It's a shame he won't have a forward more on his wavelength to pass to as that is going to kill a significant part of his game. 

On 31/01/2023 at 21:12, Delphinho123 said:

His point was that he's panicking in possession.

On 22/01/2023 at 01:11, Philosopher said:

I think he is too slow and too weak to succeed a a top half premier league team, because he lacks the dribbling ability that could make up for those deficiencies.

Very few rate Buendia more highly than me, his vision and killer balls are top notch, however, this is an interesting point that deserves to be discussed. There's no doubt that his allround performances need to improve.

Â