Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

When you look at the likes of liverpool only really Salah and M and are nailed on in the front positions, the rest mix and match a bit. The reason they can press so well is because they are not all playing every game. This is the way we need to go

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

We'll soon see. To me Buendia has mostly been operating from the left. 

Hold your hands up in front of you mate. One of the gaps between your forefinger and thumb will resemble an L. This is left. 

Buendia plays on the other side 🤣

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Hold your hands up in front of you mate. One of the gaps between your forefinger and thumb will resemble an L. This is left. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Sorry, I'm not buying it until I see the heatmap! 

32 minutes ago, av1 said:

Do some people even watch the games to know left from right? 🤣

34 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4721c4f2fae4286cd366db842b58c37a.jpeg

Looks to me like he roams. We've lacked genuine creative quality from the right, so it seems Emi had been tasked with doing it all.

It really supports the idea that playing alongside Phil will elevate his game, as it could effectively cut his burden in half.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah but that includes where Dean played him. So far under Gerrard he’s played more on the left

Naturally Buendia is right-sided though, possibly an element of horses for courses recently under Gerrard. Trying to play both Watkins and Ings, Traore and Bailey both out and these are factors as to why....

With Coutinho fit it looks like he'll be left and Buendia right, if you look at his highlights he drifts in from left sided positions.

However I guess we will soon find out...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Naturally Buendia is right-sided though, possibly an element of horses for courses recently under Gerrard. Trying to play both Watkins and Ings, Traore and Bailey both out and these are factors as to why....

With Coutinho fit it looks like he'll be left and Buendia right, if you look at his highlights he drifts in from left sided positions.

However I guess we will soon find out...

It will be interesting. A big reason that Coutinho didn't work at Barcelona was that he was signed to eventually replace Iniesta in central midfield. Even when it came time for that to happen, whoever the coach was at the time continued to play him wide in a wingers role, which is not where Coutinho does his best work, it's not foreign to him, having played there as a young buck for Inter, the role that got him the move to Liverpool. However the player who was signed for record money was so different to the player at Inter. 

I don't know the ins and outs of it but I read that Coutinho is so polite, humble and accommodating that he never spoke up to Barcelona's president or manager about the fact that he was not being given the role that was his by right, the role in which he'd discussed and been promised would be his. 

I can't wait to see Buendia and Coutinho on the same team, for me, Coutinho in a deeper role in central midfield but with license to get forward and be a threat in the final third, and Buendia ahead in an attacking role, with license to occupy whatever space he feels is going to benefit the play in that moment.

Whatever the format and tactical approach, I don't think there's many if any team in the division who would say no to that duo on the pitch together. 

I'm not saying we will, but I won't be all that surprised if we see our team thump some of the bigger clubs again. Maybe not Liverpool 7-2 or even Arsenal 3-0, but thoroughly make our presence felt.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It will be interesting. A big reason that Coutinho didn't work at Barcelona was that he was signed to eventually replace Iniesta in central midfield. Even when it came time for that to happen, whoever the coach was at the time continued to play him wide in a wingers role, which is not where Coutinho does his best work, it's not foreign to him, having played there as a young buck for Inter, the role that got him the move to Liverpool. However the player who was signed for record money was so different to the player at Inter. 

I don't know the ins and outs of it but I read that Coutinho is so polite, humble and accommodating that he never spoke up to Barcelona's president or manager about the fact that he was not being given the role that was his by right, the role in which he'd discussed and been promised would be his. 

I can't wait to see Buendia and Coutinho on the same team, for me, Coutinho in a deeper role in central midfield but with license to get forward and be a threat in the final third, and Buendia ahead in an attacking role, with license to occupy whatever space he feels is going to benefit the play in that moment.

Whatever the format and tactical approach, I don't think there's many if any team in the division who would say no to that duo on the pitch together. 

I'm not saying we will, but I won't be all that surprised if we see our team thump some of the bigger clubs again. Maybe not Liverpool 7-2 or even Arsenal 3-0, but thoroughly make our presence felt.

I think the signing of Digne could be perfect for Coutinho. I feel like we can now play the Gerard way with Digne and Cash comfortable operating as the wide players (Targett has struggled without a conventional winger to play with) allowing Coutinho and Buendia to drift in to the space behind Ollie's running (I do thin it's has to be Ollie in front). I also think Bailey is a great option to change it up on either side as he offers a completely different challenge for the opposing defenders with his pace. Just need a decent fourth option in the summer. Dare I say it, come back Jack for £50m! That would be a Champions League team four options for Stevie G's two "10's" imho. I do like the look of JPB as well but would love to see him given 12 months with a top Championship side to get 30+ games under his belt.

Â