Fantasy NFL 2021/22

Beastmix

Just now, abdomlahor said:

Exactly. But at this point I kind of need to. I trotted out Boston Scott, Zack Moss and Rhamondre Stevenson last week. 😂

Last  game I got fewer than 10 points from Landry , Jones Jr and Hockenson COMBINED.

Evans and Kittle scored almost 27 points.

Barkley has more weeks scoring zero than he has weeks scoring anything and I've just got Montgomery back so I'm not forced into flipping that Barkley coin

It was a no brainer for either of us really.

• Like 1

Let me set my stall out for those who are no doubt about to press the downvote button. I knew no-one in playoff contention (like 90% if the league) was gonna accept a trade for a good RB considering how tight it is and the position I’m in. It would make no sense.

Originally I was just gonna offer Kittle and Evans, but knowing I’ve got Miles Sanders coming back who’ll get the bulk of Eagles carries I chucked in Hunt to get it over the line. I still have Jamarr Chase and Kadarius Toney at receiver, and I can stream TEs in Kittle’s absence.

Like @Brumerican says, there was no shady business, which to me is the only reason to vote down a trade. It works for both of us.

This trade only really benefits the team losing Barkley (because he's a glass bum). Extremely high risk giving up all that for any RB, but especially one with Barkley's injury record.

If it was a team out of contention giving all that up, I'd be against it since it would clearly benefit a playoff team. Since it's the 2nd place team losing the bulk of their players, it changes the dynamic a bit.

I can see why people might be split on it though. Frankly, it's good to see trades taking place! It doesn't often happen and we have two on the go currently.

12 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Exactly. But at this point I kind of need to. I trotted out Boston Scott, Zack Moss and Rhamondre Stevenson last week. 😂

And still **** won!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beastmix said:

This trade only really benefits the team losing Barkley (because he's a glass bum). Extremely high risk giving up all that for any RB, but especially one with Barkley's injury record.

If it was a team out of contention giving all that up, I'd be against it since it would clearly benefit a playoff team. Since it's the 2nd place team losing the bulk of their players, it changes the dynamic a bit.

I can see why people might be split on it though. Frankly, it's good to see trades taking place! It doesn't often happen and we have two on the go currently.

If it gets downvoted, it is what is. It’s not worth causing drama over. Agreed about the trades. It’s hard to let go of your players sometimes but I have no shot at winning without getting a good RB I don’t think, so I did what I had to in order to get one. Even if it was perhaps a bit over the odds.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

If it gets downvoted, it is what is. It’s not worth causing drama over. Agreed about the trades. It’s hard to let go of your players sometimes but I have no shot at winning without getting a good RB I don’t think, so I did what I had to in order to get one. Even if it was perhaps a bit over the odds.

Of course. We're all bound by the same democratic rules! 

Personally, I have no issue with this trade. The other one is a bit sketchier, but still not ridiculous enough to vote against.

As far as I'm concerned the only reason a trade should be vetoed is collusion (which this league has had before). 

That trade isn't, even if it may be a bit lop-sided. To be honest trade winners can completely swing 2 weeks down the line anyway if injuries happen or production falls off a cliff. 

Also, may be one for next year. The trade processing time should be reduced. One day is sufficient, if there is collusion it will clearly be brought up by everyone and then the commissioner can edit teams if necessary. While on the subject the waivers could do with adjusting next year. Players who are dropped after the initial waiver period can't be picked up until gameday, would be better if waivers were available everyday after the weekend, or even Wednesday-Friday-Sunday.

Edited by rhyscartwright_avfc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rhyscartwright_avfc said:

As far as I'm concerned the only reason a trade should be vetoed is collusion (which this league has had before). 

That trade isn't, even if it may be a bit lop-sided. To be honest trade winners can completely swing 2 weeks down the line anyway if injuries happen or production falls off a cliff. 

Also, may be one for next year. The trade processing time should be reduced. One day is sufficient, if there is collusion it will clearly be brought up by everyone and then the commissioner can edit teams if necessary. While on the subject the waivers could do with adjusting next year. Players who are dropped after the initial waiver period can't be picked up until gameday, would be better if waivers were available everyday after the weekend, or even Wednesday-Friday-Sunday.

I've noted one-day trade processing down on my 'things to alter for next season' file 👍

I think it's a fair point. Also in agreement there's no collusion here.

• Like 1

Just now, Brumerican said:

I found out I'm very unwell Friday morning mate (Borrowed time basically) So it all just seems irrelevant.

Apologies all.

Sorry to hear that, dude.

No worries at all. The real world is far more important.

51 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I found out I'm very unwell Friday morning mate (Borrowed time basically) So it all just seems irrelevant.

Apologies all.

Borrowed time???

WTF?

11 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

I am going to need 2 to catch you, all my early starters are basically doing bugger all

It was one of the few weeks when all my players had a decent performance. 

Saying that,  even before last night I had the second highest points total of all 12teams. Some bad luck has kept me from being higher than joint 4th. 

11 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Apologies all.

Sorry to hear that dude. I hope that whatever it is, there is a chance. Keep fighting.

• Like 1

Â