Fantasy NFL 2021/22

Beastmix

I know it's usually a little early to start thinking about this now, but since we may be having a handover of Commish responsibilities, I'm thinking the extra time might be necessary?

Did we decide who will be running the league? Again, I'm happy to do it (as I've been running leagues on Yahoo for 10+ years, so I know how it all works from a Commish/set up perspective), but if we already agreed on somebody, this is great also. Whatever works best.

Looking forward to a (hopefully) controversy-free season!

2 hours ago, Beastmix said:

I know it's usually a little early to start thinking about this now, but since we may be having a handover of Commish responsibilities, I'm thinking the extra time might be necessary?

Did we decide who will be running the league? Again, I'm happy to do it (as I've been running leagues on Yahoo for 10+ years, so I know how it all works from a Commish/set up perspective), but if we already agreed on somebody, this is great also. Whatever works best.

Looking forward to a (hopefully) controversy-free season!

I think you and Brumerican were in the running, but I don't trust him to stay awake, y'know? ;)

I have no interest in organising anything as Rob says it's a coin flip whether I'm alive on any given day.

Will enter to keep the teams even if required but that's about it .

• Sad 2

I'm more than happy to set it up. It would be a shame to set a new one up (and therefore losing our records history), so was there any discussion over whether there would be a commish transfer from the old league? This way I won't have to collect all your emails for the invite too. @kkr the previous commish, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beastmix said:

I'm more than happy to set it up. It would be a shame to set a new one up (and therefore losing our records history), so was there any discussion over whether there would be a commish transfer from the old league? This way I won't have to collect all your emails for the invite too. @kkr the previous commish, right?

He was.

Hopefully he'll see your post. Although his profile says he hasn't been on the site since before Christmas!

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

He was.

Hopefully he'll see your post. Although his profile says he hasn't been on the site since before Christmas!

Ahh, okay. Well we'll give it until mid-June and if there's no sign of him, I'll crack on with setting it up.

We're not going to be able to please everybody here, but were there any rule changes (points, etc) which were nearly unanimously agreed last season?  Just thinking about the feedback we had. I know DEF scoring was a point of contention. My suggestion is we revert to (or, at least close to) the standard Yahoo points system. DEF starts on 10pts and goes up or down accordingly. It's far less of a swing then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beastmix said:

Ahh, okay. Well we'll give it until mid-June and if there's no sign of him, I'll crack on with setting it up.

We're not going to be able to please everybody here, but were there any rule changes (points, etc) which were nearly unanimously agreed last season?  Just thinking about the feedback we had. I know DEF scoring was a point of contention. My suggestion is we revert to (or, at least close to) the standard Yahoo points system. DEF starts on 10pts and goes up or down accordingly. It's far less of a swing then.

Yeah that sounds OK regarding DEF

On 20/05/2021 at 14:25, Beastmix said:

Given you run other leagues in Yahoo, do you have a points system that works well in those other leagues?  If there is one that results in good scoring then perhaps use that.

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

Given you run other leagues in Yahoo, do you have a points system that works well in those other leagues?  If there is one that results in good scoring then perhaps use that.

Yeah, I've run a league since 2008 with this scoring system (It's a slight tweak on Yahoo's default system, although I was thinking of turning to decimal scoring for next season - this reduces the amount of tied games, but does give points for 1 to 9 yard plays)
I'm also open to adding in a PPR element, if people want this.

Passing Yards 20 yards per point; 4 bonus points at 300 yards; 6 bonus points at 400 yards  
Passing Touchdowns 4  
Interceptions -1  
Sacks -1  
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards  
Rushing Touchdowns 6  
Receiving Yards 10 yards per point; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards  
Receiving Touchdowns 6  
Return Yards 20 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards  
Return Touchdowns 6  
2-Point Conversions 2  
Fumbles Lost -2  
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers League Value  
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 2  
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3  
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 4  
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 5  
Field Goals 50+ Yards 6  
Point After Attempt Made 1

Defense/Special Teams League Value  
Sack 1  
Interception 2  
Fumble Recovery 2  
Touchdown 6  
Safety 2  
Block Kick 2  
Return Yards 30 yards per point  
Points Allowed 0 points 10 (default starting value)  
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7  
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4  
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1  
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0  
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1  
Points Allowed 35+ points -4  
Extra Point Returned 2
  • Like 1

On 22/05/2021 at 16:42, Beastmix said:

Yeah, I've run a league since 2008 with this scoring system (It's a slight tweak on Yahoo's default system, although I was thinking of turning to decimal scoring for next season - this reduces the amount of tied games, but does give points for 1 to 9 yard plays)
I'm also open to adding in a PPR element, if people want this.

Passing Yards 20 yards per point; 4 bonus points at 300 yards; 6 bonus points at 400 yards  
Passing Touchdowns 4  
Interceptions -1  
Sacks -1  
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards  
Rushing Touchdowns 6  
Receiving Yards 10 yards per point; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards  
Receiving Touchdowns 6  
Return Yards 20 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards  
Return Touchdowns 6  
2-Point Conversions 2  
Fumbles Lost -2  
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers League Value  
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 2  
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3  
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 4  
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 5  
Field Goals 50+ Yards 6  
Point After Attempt Made 1

Defense/Special Teams League Value  
Sack 1  
Interception 2  
Fumble Recovery 2  
Touchdown 6  
Safety 2  
Block Kick 2  
Return Yards 30 yards per point  
Points Allowed 0 points 10 (default starting value)  
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7  
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4  
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1  
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0  
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1  
Points Allowed 35+ points -4  
Extra Point Returned 2

Seems simple enough.

A few minor suggestions:

• Kickers seem to be getting a lot of love :)  maybe 1 point less per milestone?  
  • 2 points for offensive 100 yard games?
  • Passing TDs 6 points the same as rushing? - Lamar Jackson would potentially outscore traditional passers at 4 points per TD.
  • Decimals definitely!

Obviously only make changes that others are happy with and cheers dude, glad you are up for the challenge of taking it on.  Hopefully @kkr can transfer the league so we can keep the history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tubby said:

Seems simple enough.

A few minor suggestions:

• Kickers seem to be getting a lot of love :)  maybe 1 point less per milestone?  
  • 2 points for offensive 100 yard games?
  • Passing TDs 6 points the same as rushing? - Lamar Jackson would potentially outscore traditional passers at 4 points per TD.
  • Decimals definitely!

Obviously only make changes that others are happy with and cheers dude, glad you are up for the challenge of taking it on.  Hopefully @kkr can transfer the league so we can keep the history.

Do you mean 2 bonus points at 100 yards rushing, passing & receiving? All three, yeah? Easily added.

Kickers can be reduced.

I think the 4 passing/6 rushing TD points system was in-place before RGIII joined the league and started this era of hybrid QBs. I suppose 6 for rushing TDs was once rare for QBs, so yeah, it could do with updating.

Decimals is an easy switch. I'm noting down all the suggestions as we go, so I'll be able to implement the consensus before we draft.

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 1

Cheers @Beastmix

Yes, treat my points as suggestions and only implement them if others agree.

Correct on the 2 points.  Rewarding a 100 yard game is valid imo.  Maybe it could be 2 points at 100, 150, 200...  etc. to ensure points don't become too much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, all.

I've set up the league for this season.

I've been back through last season's posts too and have tried to fit all the suggestions in as best as possible and within reason. There are currently 14 places available, which was suggested at the end of last year.

Email invites have been sent out to last year's players who didn't have their emails set to 'hidden', so look out for these. If everybody else from last season (listed below, not including the person who messed up the league) could private message me their email addresses, I'll shoot you invites ASAP.

@Dante_Lockhart

@maqroll

@rhyscartwright_avfc

and the person who managed The Brown Stuff (please somebody tag them, as I couldn't work it out)

• Thanks 1

Â