Fantasy NFL 2021/22

Beastmix

4 hours ago, Beastmix said:

I'm in another league where the final is 5th vs. 6th...

Just hope covid doesn't ruin it for either of us. Looks fairly evenly balanced at the minute. 

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2021 at 16:57, Xela said:

Just hope covid doesn't ruin it for either of us. Looks fairly evenly balanced at the minute. 

Of course, it would have to be Gibson... 

Never again.

On 28/12/2021 at 18:10, Beastmix said:

At least we'll know the 2022 draft order by this time next week...

Are we basing the draft order on the playoffs rather than league positions?

Us lowly folk have been battling it out for finishing positions too and so I'd suggest using that.  And then any newbies go first.

28 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Are we basing the draft order on the playoffs rather than league positions?

Us lowly folk have been battling it out for finishing positions too and so I'd suggest using that.  And then any newbies go first.

Yeah, it will go the following route:

Newbies

Consolation playoffs (last to first - so 'It Ertz When Eifert' would have #1 pick - sans any newbies - since they finished last)

Championship playoffs (last to first)

...this has given me pause for thought though. I'll bring up my suggestion at the post-season suggestions forum.

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Congratulations @Beastmix :cheers:

Led the league all season so a deserved winner. 

If I do win! Never say never! It was a close battle throughout yesterday.

Here's to a great (reasonably issue-free) first season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beastmix said:

Yeah, it will go the following route:

Newbies

Consolation playoffs (last to first - so 'It Ertz When Eifert' would have #1 pick - sans any newbies - since they finished last)

Championship playoffs (last to first)

...this has given me pause for thought though. I'll bring up my suggestion at the post-season suggestions forum.

Keep the 12 team format, it's been the closest most interesting season we've had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Keep the 12 team format, it's been the closest most interesting season we've had.

Agreed on 12 teams. 

The scoring feels like it's worked better although it would be good to understand if there is any reason why some teams were able to consistently score more points than others.  I thought PPR would make it more predictable / closer but I've found it inconsistent at times.  Perhaps it's game milestones or TD production separating players; of course it could just be poor player selection.

As the draft is unpredictable, there is probably no way to achieve it, but it would be good if the average points scored per team was a lot closer.  As an example, this seasons average points per week is a high of 159 and the low 105.  That gap feels too wide in my opinion.

Edited by Tubby

4 hours ago, Tubby said:

Agreed on 12 teams. 

The scoring feels like it's worked better although it would be good to understand if there is any reason why some teams were able to consistently score more points than others.  I thought PPR would make it more predictable / closer but I've found it inconsistent at times.  Perhaps it's game milestones or TD production separating players; of course it could just be poor player selection.

As the draft is unpredictable, there is probably no way to achieve it, but it would be good if the average points scored per team was a lot closer.  As an example, this seasons average points per week is a high of 159 and the low 105.  That gap feels too wide in my opinion.

It's just the way it goes.

There isn't a points configuration to make the weekly (or overall) scores closer or more predictable and I'm not convinced there should be. You just have to pick the right players against the right (real life) teams, manage the injuries as best you can, and actively manage during the bye-weeks. Not saying YOU need to do those things, but if everybody does, things will likely be closer. Of course, there's always an element of luck, but you've just got to give yourself the best chance.

There were a few times this year where I faced teams who fielded players who were either on a bye-week, deemed OUT during the week, or simply left roster spots open (other players will have experienced this too). Of course, teams like that are going to have a significantly lower average over the course of a season.

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

12 team format isn't going anywhere. I only meant newbies in-case of any drop-outs.

• Like 2

Â