Weekends Football 14/15 May

andykeenan

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Definitely something to this "helping the bigger sides" with that VAR decision.

Come on you cant argue that.  He was right in front of the goalkeeper.  

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He never looked like he was going to do anything else but head that into the corner of the net. It was almost spooky.

He's crying now.

Arsehole.

Bizarrely thought the same. He's one of the few players in that squad that hasn't downed tools all season so of course once he goes up he scores.

• Like 1

So in this crazy exciting anything can happen one of a kind season... 

Man City win it, utd, Chelsea, Liverpool to get the CL spots

crazy madness GIF

Part of me hope it happens because same as every year I'm half convinced someone will smell the coffee and say its actually all a bit shit and predictable 

Liverpool and spurs being shit for much of the season and still getting CL / EL would say it all 

Leicester need a result Tuesday vs Chelsea or it'll happen imo 

• Like 1

Bonkers penultimate round in La Liga. Tons of goals, tons of yellow and red cards and Barca out of the title race losing at home to Celta :hooray:

Both Atletico and Real won thou so the title race is still on. Betis still with an outside chance of sneaking into Europe.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Thought they called it for the offside?

yes but clearly obstructing the line of vision of Allison as he was right in front of him so the decision to rule the goal offside was correct 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

crazy madness GIF

Part of me hope it happens because same as every year I'm half convinced someone will smell the coffee and say its actually all a bit shit and predictable 

Liverpool and spurs being shit for much of the season and still getting CL / EL would say it all 

We know the way this season has gone Liverpool could easily drop points against Burnley or Palace.  they made hard enough work of it today 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

crazy madness GIF

I dunno.

For me these next few years are really exciting. You find a way to lesser the burden on Grealish, we start to replace the likes of Alioski, Cooper, Ayling, Roberts in the next 2-3 years and their are legitimate challenges now assuming we hold onto our big players.

I'm still not convinced by anything Everton do, but that's a different topic entirely.

Everton are about to lose to a team that was relegated on paper months ago. (Yes, we did too). Imploding almost as badly as us, that lot.

Sheffield United going down with more points than we did in 15/16 too.

Edited by est1874

10 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I dunno.

For me these next few years are really exciting. You find a way to lesser the burden on Grealish, we start to replace the likes of Alioski, Cooper, Ayling, Roberts in the next 2-3 years and their are legitimate challenges now assuming we hold onto our big players.

I'm still not convinced by anything Everton do, but that's a different topic entirely.

Sounds like wolves fans 2 years ago 😉

Its something the PL and the likes of sky are very good at, telling you that everyone has this chance, everyone is competiting and then hoping that no one notices that its the same old faces come the end 

At the moment we're sat at Leicester once as the only none "big 6" team since Everton went out in the qualifiers in 05/06, 15 years, 4 entrants per year so that's 60 entrants, 1 of them... We could now be looking at 2 out of 64 but because its Leicester and West ham also came close nothing is broken and its all exciting!!! Its broken as **** and I don't know what it will take for the media to admit it, their "product" isn't what they sell it as

Unfortunately I also think the other European leagues whilst better for CL teams are worse for champions so comparatively we don't at least have that problem 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He never looked like he was going to do anything else but head that into the corner of the net. It was almost spooky.

He's crying now.

Arsehole.

Bit harsh, an incredible moment for any keeper to score in their career and this was last minute winner in huge game.

And he lost his Dad in last few months so dedicated it to him as he said in the interview.

We need to remember most of these players hated the super league idea aswell (Milner interview before the Leeds game said as much) so need to cut them a tiny bit more slack than the moneymen I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Everton are about to lose to a team that was relegated on paper months ago. (Yes, we did too). Imploding almost as badly as us, that lot.

Sheffield United going down with more points than we did in 15/16 too.

Utterly bizarre how much worse Everton are at Goodison compared to away even in this odd season.

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the two pretenders in the pack, us and Everton, similar in many ways as teams with new money attempting to break into the top six, have both fallen away at the end of the season. 

Strength in depth, experience of the chase, all of that sort of stuff isn't easy to get - we've both struggled when we can't put out our strongest elevens or when we've not been able to change it in periods of poor form - that's due to the relative strengths of our squads compared with those of the teams we're chasing. 

I've not read Everton's forums, but I wonder how this has affected their views on their manager, I'd suspect it's a similar picture, but maybe them both being in the same boat says something about how difficult it is to maintain a chase across the whole season.

Everton this season have now lost at home to Sheffield United, Burnley, Fulham and Newcastle. That is some going, we took 10 points from those four home games. Scored just one goal in those games aswell.

Indeed their home record since playing West Ham on 1st Jan 2021 is P 11 W 1 D 3 L 7 and scored just 8 goals.

Really disappointed we haven't finished above them as think it's the most flattering top half finish from any team in a long while.

They'll still be there to catch next season at least as it's hard to see how much more they can invest in key areas unless they sell some key players.

Â