Weekends Football 14/15 May

andykeenan

I think with a good transfer window we can surpass them. Everton have an ageing squad and a conservative style, a lack of pace to their play. I still want them to do well, us and Everton should be the teams breaking the top 6 and eventually top 4.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton this season have now lost at home to Sheffield United, Burnley, Fulham and Newcastle. That is some going, we took 10 points from those four home games. Scored just one goal in those games aswell.

Indeed their home record since playing West Ham on 1st Jan 2021 is P 11 W 1 D 3 L 7 and scored just 8 goals.

Really disappointed we haven't finished above them as think it's the most flattering top half finish from any team in a long while.

They'll still be there to catch next season at least as it's hard to see how much more they can invest in key areas unless they sell some key players.

They've been talked up as a legitimate threat all season despite being in decline since about game week 8.

They've played crap football all season and most of their stand out players are at the back. James hasn't done enough, DCL is a lamp post and Richarlison looks miles better in highlights than if you ever watch him for a full 90.

Another season like this will probably see him sacked by Christmas.

Everton finished twelve last year on 49 points, so a similar position to us this year, slight difference though is that they started poorly - up until the the twelve month of year - December - they was being talked about as relegation candidates - whereas we started strongly but finished poorly.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton this season have now lost at home to Sheffield United, Burnley, Fulham and Newcastle. That is some going, we took 10 points from those four home games. Scored just one goal in those games aswell.

Indeed their home record since playing West Ham on 1st Jan 2021 is P 11 W 1 D 3 L 7 and scored just 8 goals.

Really disappointed we haven't finished above them as think it's the most flattering top half finish from any team in a long while.

They'll still be there to catch next season at least as it's hard to see how much more they can invest in key areas unless they sell some key players.

Yep home record of relegation team, away record champions league team, think Leeds could finish above them 

Also today's win now means that Sheffield United have more points than we did when we went down, so we're back to being the third worst team in terms of points in the premier league era.

When you look at some of the teams that have played in the Premier League, like Swindon, Blackpool, Barnsley, Oldham, Wigan and an host of others it's surprising that clubs like ourselves, Derby and Sunderland should hold the record for the worst ever seasons. Oldham and Swindon were actually relegated in the same season (93/94) on 40 and 30 points, so even taking into consideration that there were four more games they both did considerably better than we did in 15/16.

Can only speak for us but it's a mental thing, we probably would have been relegated anyway but our lot completely gave up and it was **** embarrassing, no fight or pride just a shrug of the shoulders and a jog around VP for 90 mins every other saturday afternoon 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Can only speak for us but it's a mental thing, we probably would have been relegated anyway but our lot completely gave up and it was **** embarrassing, no fight or pride just a shrug of the shoulders and a jog around VP for 90 mins every other saturday afternoon 

I think I'm over it, but then occasionally something like Lescott talking about "a weight off our shoulders" pops back in to my head and I want to go and buy a dog just so I can kick it.

• Like 1

Â