VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

Bloody hell that new Beatles track is dull. 

Why has no one pointed this out instead of pretending it's all exciting to have a new Beatles track? 

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why has no one pointed this out instead of pretending it's all exciting to have a new Beatles track? 

I pointed it out ages ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

I pointed it out ages ago. 

I was thinking about radio DJ's really. I'd love one to say it's a bit dull instead of pretend fawning over it. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

:wave:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Have you been in a coma since November ? 
it was everywhere at the time 

I don’t hate it but other than seeing how they took a scratched up demo tape and turned it into a polished song it’s not one that i’d add to any play list 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking about radio DJ's really. I'd love one to say it's a bit dull instead of pretend fawning over it. 

Apart from the odd round table style show when have you ever heard a Radio DJ say a song was shit :D 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Have you been in a coma since November ? 
it was everywhere at the time 

I don’t hate it but other than seeing how they took a scratched up demo tape and turned it into a polished song it’s not one that i’d add to any play list 

I know. I've been meaning to post it for ages but as it came on whilst I was on VT it reminded me. 

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Apart from the odd round table style show when have you ever heard a Radio DJ say a song was shit :D 

Well I KNEW you'd slate it obviously. 

They don't need to slate it but the fake excitement is annoying when everyone can hear it's dull as DISH water. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

They don't need to slate it but the fake excitement is annoying when everyone can hear it's dull as DISH water. 

Ditch water :D 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ditch water :D 

is that an eggcorn?

47 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I watch Omega, not for records so much, but there's some pretty amazing LPs in that sale. A number of favourites actually.

@rjw63 - T2, High Tide, May Blitz, Spring, Vertigo Sabbath....

14 minutes ago, Xann said:

I watch Omega, not for records so much, but there's some pretty amazing LPs in that sale. A number of favourites actually.

@rjw63 - T2, High Tide, May Blitz, Spring, Vertigo Sabbath....

Which lot number, save me trawling through pages of shite?

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Which lot number, save me trawling through pages of shite?

:D - I'm not that interested, but cared enough to tell you!

Change the display options to 96 lots per page.

They're not buried, you'll see the covers.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I came out of the BBC one and in to the Brighton record shop one, definitely looks interesting but I'm guessing the shipping would be horrific? 

Not if you live just down the road, got my eye on a 13lp psyche collection from that auction (lot 42 with the Pebbles comps)

spacer.png

The Chords, So Far Away.

Fancy a copy? You’re in luck, they have one in Oxfam, Penarth. It’s £120 which makes it £60 cheaper than the only similar one currently on discogs.

I mean, the copy they have you have to ask to see it. In the rack they have a photocopy of the cover and an explanation of the price, it’s still shrink wrapped, never been opened in 44 years. Now I love this record, 1980 was a rather grand year for music and power pop in particular and this record was just about the best of the best. But that’s a bit rich for me, and it’s sealed so what you going to do? You can keep it sealed and unplayed which is weird, or you can split the plastic and wipe another £90 off the value.

Hell of an album though. Those other two aren’t too scruffy either.

Â