VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

33 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Probably on a special NME covers CD if anything. 

I was thinking more bbc live lounge

Edit - I take it you said no future heads because you know about the future heads remix?

Edited by villa4europe

On the streets has anyone listened to his new album and seen his film?

I couldn't get in to it, overall his sound just isn't there anymore, in places there's still some absolute zingers lyrically

Will feel the need to get the vinyl though as a completionist, I'm missing the new one and computers and blues which is like rocking horse shit

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Need a bit of help. A band in the 2000s covered The Streets, I think it was Fit but you know it. I thought it was Little Man Tate, definitely a band from that era and NOT Slaves or The Futureheads or anything recent. Zero evidence from a search. Ring any bells at all?

‘‘Twas a b side apparently

(You can thank me, but in fairness Wikipedia did most of the work by having it listed in the single’s track listing)

12 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

‘‘Twas a b side apparently

(You can thank me, but in fairness Wikipedia did most of the work by having it listed in the single’s track listing)

I was fairly certain it wasn't this but there was music playing whilst I was trying to listen to it at the same time. Will give it a listen in a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was fairly certain it wasn't this but there was music playing whilst I was trying to listen to it at the same time. Will give it a listen in a bit. 

I’ve actually misread your original post and read it as you saying you think it was the futureheads. So if you think it isn’t them, ignore. And don’t thank Wikipedia.

After extensive searching regarding a cover of The Streets track, it seems like I did make it up. I have been back through tracklistings of Lamacq shows, NME lists, searched on Last FM etc. Nothing, then I thought maybe it wasn't The Streets, maybe it was Dan Le Sac and Scroobius Pip, so repeated it for them, and still nothing. So thanks for your contributions, but my wife was right, I was making it up.

Â