Breakaway League

Jareth

The ESL will be successful but in about 5/6 seasons it'll get boring. Really depends on the players. If they don't get the players then it's gonna finish sooner. 

I propose UEFA make their own Euro duper League but with the domestic leagues going down to 18 clubs throughout the divisions this way they can pursue this further. A bit like the ICL and then the IPL finishing it off.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm similar. It could really shake things up.

It's kind of like when Rangers got dumped out of the SPL. At the very least the redemption arc of them winning the league this year will make a hell of a film someday.  

What is the possibility that Fifa could launch their World Club Cup as a competing product? As a cup competition I think I'd be for that. Imagine teams from South America, Asia and Africa fighting it out. I'd prefer that to the Champions League if I'm honest.

I think we're in a better position with this than other foreign owned clubs. And that's done to Sawiris. He's and Anglophile, lived in London for decades, his family are known to be regulars at Arsenal. He gets what football means in the local community. Edens understands running sports teams, and as a shareholder himself, Purslew has a vested interest for Villa to be successful.

I am sure that the top 6 owners have checked before they made the announcement about this silly super league, knowing full well that they would win any legal challenge to remain in the PL and play their super league games mid week as planned...I bet they will have their cake and eat it

The top 6 can all bugger off and play in their shite super league as far as I am concerned, but I reckon they will still end up playing in the PL as the the relevant football authorities will bend when they see money/compensation/brown envelopes offered.......

That should be the main concern for all clubs outside the so called "shite six"

VTID

Derek

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The ESL will be successful but in about 5/6 seasons it'll get boring. Really depends on the players. If they don't get the players then it's gonna finish sooner. 

I propose UEFA make their own Euro duper League but with the domestic leagues going down to 18 clubs throughout the divisions this way they can pursue this further. A bit like the ICL and then the IPL finishing it off.

Your predictions are pretty much where I am. Away support generally being so good is currently driven by being on either end of the extremes.

In Europe its exciting because specific fixtures are be scarce and the fans are well up for the chance to get revenge years later.

At home it comes down to clubs having a core support of thousands that go to every away game year in year out, which very few could afford to do in the new league. 

Just now, delboy54 said:

I am sure that the top 6 owners have checked before they made the announcement about this silly super league, knowing full well that they would win any legal challenge to remain in the PL and play their super league games mid week as planned...I bet they will have their cake and eat it

The top 6 can all bugger off and play in their shite super league as far as I am concerned, but I reckon they will still end up playing in the PL as the the relevant football authorities will bend when they see money/compensation/brown envelopes offered.......

That should be the main concern for all clubs outside the so called "shite six"

VTID

Derek

The remaining 14 teams can vote the 6 out, no issue. It's in the rules.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I think we're in a better position with this than other foreign owned clubs. And that's done to Sawiris. He's and Anglophile, lived in London for decades, his family are known to be regulars at Arsenal. He gets what football means in the local community. Edens understands running sports teams, and as a shareholder himself, Purslew has a vested interest for Villa to be successful.

Yeah but how long will they want to stay around for? If this all happens then future tv revenue is going to drop off a cliff. They saw Villa as a under valued asset with the goal of getting European football but this will be a lot weaker.

What about the proposed inner city academy, north stand work. A lot of questions.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah but how long will they want to stay around for? If this all happens then future tv revenue is going to drop off a cliff. They saw Villa as a under valued asset with the goal of getting European football but this will be a lot weaker.

What about the proposed inner city academy, north stand work. A lot of questions.

That’s a fair point. 

I can't rember if it was here or Twitter I saw someone saying the new league would be able to get a FIFA registered player to hand in their notice and only have to pay off the value of the contract to sign them. 

Basically their registrations are only valid and restricted because they are all signed up to the same rules. On the flip side, I wonder if Utds whole team would be able to leave as the new competition would be outside of their previous registration and contract framework. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is it perverse that I'm getting oddly excited about the PL kicking these 6 clubs out?

I genuinely couldnt imagine anything better than 6 teams being promoted from the Championship and no VAR next season. Heaven. 

I'd start watching the PL again if that happens. It's boring with these clubs in it but to have a title race where genuinely half the league could compete? Yes please.

Edited by Okonokos

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I can't rember if it was here or Twitter I saw someone saying the new league would be able to get a FIFA registered player to hand in their notice and only have to pay off the value of the contract to sign them. 

Basically their registrations are only valid and restricted because they are all signed up to the same rules. On the flip side, I wonder if Utds whole team would be able to leave as the new competition would be outside of their previous registration and contract framework. 

Also would they leave? It could ruin their career if they could not then move to a club outside the ESL. Dead man’s boots.

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

They were pretty sure if they got enough votes they would have got The Big Picture through.  If 14 clubs vote against them and decide to expel them, they will not have enough votes to stay in.

Â