Team shape, tactics and personnel

MaVilla

10 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

There are a lot of comments from people claiming that the squad is too light and we need to make more signings. Is it actually? It feels like we have brought in players who will actually play and sold players who never actually played. Does anyone have the stats on who actually played under Emery last season to compare to the squad we have now?

I agree. I don’t think we’ve actually lost any depth with the leavers leaving. In many ways we’ve added depth because the alternate players can fill in at almost the same level as the first choice.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I liked the formation today, thought it was much better suited to Digne and Cash's strengths. 

4 4 2 but Cash in RM. Three CBs with Konsa in RB. 3 2 5 in possession. 

McGinn and Diaby in those two 10 roles are very good. Watkins is playing very well too

The thing I liked about todays game is that we won in a different way with a different formation. 

We just sat back and gave Burnley nothing then we blasted them with insane counters 

Good to see we are not a one trick pony 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

This one wasn’t bad either 😂

Unai, you legend… never even imagined seeing a Villa side play such good football…

The days of parking the bus and trying to “catch ‘em on the counter” or hoofball dross are well and truly behind us 🤩

Â