Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

You are seeing a situation where the other coaches/players likely recognize Sanson should play but SG has some type of personal grudge against Morgan? Seems paranoid…each to their own though.

Not a grudge per se, just no idea how to set up a coherent midfield, we have 11 months of evidence.

59 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

The level of conspiracy theory type thinking going on here to portray this guy as anything other than a verified flop is truly impressive.

SG conspiring with DS to continue a cruel campaign against Morgan? Any real sleuths on here willing to seek the occluded truth?

While he may not be the next coming of Zidane, he certainly could not do any worse than McGinn currently is.

• Like 1

People talk about Sanson as if he wasn't decent calibre before he came to us. Previous top assister in Ligue 1, very highly thought of.

Whenever I've seen him, I've been mainly impressed. He needs a proper run so we can see what he's really about.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

A year ago some on here were livid with Smith (as was Morgan) when he chose to sub on El Ghazi over Sanson at West Ham. Smith didn’t rate him even when he was fit.

He wasnt on the bench vs West Ham, was injured

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

People talk about Sanson as if he wasn't decent calibre before he came to us. Previous top assister in Ligue 1, very highly thought of.

Whenever I've seen him, I've been mainly impressed. He needs a proper run so we can see what he's really about.

He needs a chance yes - but the conversation can go to other way too when he’s left out and people start going on like he’s the second coming of Zidane. He’s looked decent. No more, no less. He needs to stay fit. Pretty much it 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He needs a chance yes - but the conversation can go to other way too when he’s left out and people start going on like he’s the second coming of Zidane. He’s looked decent. No more, no less. He needs to stay fit. Pretty much it 🤷‍♂️

He's not gonna look any more than decent with the very limited opportunities he's been given. And decent is better than the level McGinn is showing. Sanson is actually comfortable on the ball in tight spaces, and can dribble a little bit.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

He's a £15m asset.

We should be trying out hardest to get value out of him. (Or at least not wipe it off completely)

I think he's shown enough to be one of our five substitutes each match. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, May-Z said:

He's a £15m asset.

We should be trying out hardest to get value out of him. (Or at least not wipe it off completely)

I think he's shown enough to be one of our five substitutes each match. 

It’s been a long time since Sanson was a £15m asset. After basically not playing for 1.5 years we’d be lucky to find someone to take over his contract, even without a fee.

9 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It’s been a long time since Sanson was a £15m asset. After basically not playing for 1.5 years we’d be lucky to find someone to take over his contract, even without a fee.

I don't know why we do it to players. 

There's been so many that have been mismanaged to an extent where we almost have to pay others to take them off us. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Our midfield is such a mess yet for different reasons they're already completely undroppable. Sums up the current issues.

Sanson should've got 15 minutes just to get some minutes in his legs, ridiculous management.

Don’t think the bomb squad members are suddenly going to get minutes, they may still be in the team on paper but not in reality. Very much doubt Nakamba, Sanson, Guilbert will appear again under SG. If they wanted game time they should have joined Bert in Turkey.

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its obvious Gerrard has an agenda at this stage. No way he should be 6th choice midfielder

Moreover, bringing a defensive midfielder on instead of him when losing by 2 goals.

Anyway, not long for Sanson to wait now until he gets another chance.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â