Ákos Ónodi

a-k

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

Potentially winning MOTM due to being a villa player? Or is he actually playing better than anyone else?

I understand your question but, assuming he wasn’t at fault for Rushden & Diamonds’ goal, saving a penalty in a 2-1 win goes a long way towards being motm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Looks like he has joined a new agency, wonder if he’s looking to move on 

contract expires in the summer (if transfermarkt is correct), so ye quite likely.

• 3 months later...

Been released by the looks of it. A loan to Bromsgrove was probably a signal this was likely. All the best Akos. A shame to lose someone who looked so promising against Mane & Salah in the FA Cup.

Hope he manages to make a career in football for himself. If not, that memory of FA Cup night is still bloody special

Missed it being announced by Mark Naylor a couple days ago:

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

Lots of goalkeepers drop way down the pyramid when they go out on loan, non league football is seen as an ideal environment for them to get used to the physical side of the game, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I think he will find a club at a decent level, probably somewhere in the football league, if not to be part of their first team squad then to play for their U23s, he's just unlucky with us that we have so many highly rated young keepers at the moment, Sinisalo, Marschall, Zych, so going to be hard for him to find a path into our first team.

• 3 months later...
Â