Ákos Ónodi

a-k

Looks a right banger this one. 

How the hell have we gone from having a serious problem at GK for a decade to having Martinez, Heaton and Steer as our first team GK's with this sort of talent coming through for 5 + years time???

Unbelievable Jeff...

12 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I'm no scientist, but that second save defied the laws of physics.

I think there may have been more than a hint of fluke about the second save 🙂

Not to take anything away from Onodi, he has looked good on the 2 or 3 occasions I have seen him. Maybe needs some work on his aerial dominance, and on not palming the ball back into danger, but he gets down very quickly and looks comfortable on the ball. I hope he can get a good loan like Sinisalo has had this season.

• 6 months later...
10 minutes ago, useless said:

Nice - see how he does with/learns from big clumsy centre forwards/centre halves clattering into him every week. Any lower league/non-league move is useful for a keeper at his age.

• Like 2

It's fairly common for young goalkeepers to go out on loan to non-league clubs,

last season Louie Moulden then Man City now Wolves goalkeeper and England U18 internationl was with Gloucester City

Ethan Wady a US youth international from Chelsea has been on loan with Tooting & Mitcham United FC, Stevenage, and Dartford

Jamie Searle who we released last summer but has since signed for Swansea and is going to the olympics with New Zealand was on loan with Melville FC

Šarkić had a loan spells with Stratford Town and Havant & Waterlooville

Jordan Pickford and Nick Pope have both also gone out on loan to non-league sides.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Can't imagine they have much of a goalkeeping coach set up though. 

I assume they are a part time team, in which he will turn up to their training session 2-3 nights a week and the rest of time report back to Villa.

• 1 month later...
Â