Formula One - 2021

BOF

11 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Mercedes a second a lap quicker this weekend by the looks of it. They have the clear upper hand at this stage anyway.

Lewis has to be odds on to retain the championship and become the most successful driver in the history of formula 1. What a driver , unbelievable really. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Red Bull is quick - Lewis will need a bit of luck in his stops.

How did Hamilton lose so much time on Verstappen.  He was half a second ahead when Verstappen boxed and was nearly 7 seconds behind by the time he'd finished hit pitstop.  Have Mercedes **** up the strategy leaving him out too long or was there a problem with the pitstop? 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How did Hamilton lose so much time on Verstappen.  He was half a second ahead when Verstappen boxed and was nearly 7 seconds behind by the time he'd finished hit pitstop.  Have Mercedes **** up the strategy leaving him out too long or was there a problem with the pitstop? 

I wondered the same, my boy came into the room and was rambling nonsense and next time I looked he’s 6 seconds down.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Max was on fresh tyres. Lewis was on older, hot tyres. 

The logic will be that at the end of this stint Max will be struggling and Lewis will catch him 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You think? 

It's been a brilliant race for those who love a number and a stopwatch - and it's building to a potentially thrilling finish.

It basically all about will Max have enough at the end to stay in front. Nothing really happening aside from that “maybe” event.

If Lewis doesn’t catch and pass Max at the end it’ll be a massive anti-climax

Edited by Genie